PowerBook
 Powerbook 500 series Service Manual
Author Topic  
Jaz
Starting Member

6 Posts
Posted - 23 Nov 2003 :  05:08:34
Greetings all!

I was wondering if one of you kind folks could point me to a working link for this... I have googled around without success. Failing that, if someone would be kind enough to email me a copy I'd be most grateful.

Many thanks

Jaz

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 23 Nov 2003 :  06:50:55
I'll have a gander, I have a CD full of old Service manuals, I'm sure there is something there that covers the 500 PowerBook.

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 23 Nov 2003 :  09:37:07
http://preterhuman.net/texts/computing/Apple_Service_PDF/PowerBooks/powerbook_500_series.pdf

Welcome to the MLA!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

p.s. poke around that polace, comrades, there's a lot of interesting stuff on that site! Gotta remember to add this one to the links project. .

http://preterhuman.net/texts/computing/macintosh/

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 23 Nov 2003 09:45:07Go to Top of Page

Jaz
Starting Member

6 Posts
Posted - 23 Nov 2003 :  11:55:42
Got it!

> Welcome to the MLA!

Thanks... I'm sure I'll be sticking around.

Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 24 Nov 2003 :  08:04:32
I'm an Administrator on that server and I added those so it's cool folks can use it. I didn't know they had been added to the public text archive though.

Anyways, if anyone wants Mac manuals, I will e-mail them to you as I have almost every model and/or device made which is rather cool.

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 24 Nov 2003 :  09:06:40
quote:

I'm an Administrator on that server and I added those so it's cool folks can use it. I didn't know they had been added to the public text archive though.

Google's crawlers must have snagged the link with the filename for that manual. I'll edit out those links if you'd rather not have them posted. I thought the emali address for jaz was bogus so I searched for the file instead of emailing it, googling the manual filename often works.

Jaz, how do you like the free email aliasing from those folks?

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

Jaz
Starting Member

6 Posts
Posted - 24 Nov 2003 :  12:39:45
> Jaz, how do you like the free email aliasing from those folks?

It's not my main address, but it's been reliable enough when I've used it...

Interestingly enough I tried Google using the file name, but without success. Anyway, thanks again for your help guys. That manual will come in very handy, I've bought a few new bits to make my PB520 a bit more usable - 32Mb RAM, PCMCIA cage, 256Mb Compact Flash & adapter (I'm going to try and get it to boot from that), and one of those VST smart chargers (new-old stock!). Oh, and some 2500mAh NiMh cells for one of those dead batteries I've been holding on to for so long!

Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 24 Nov 2003 :  13:48:46
It's ok the link can stay, lots of that stuff is public anyways. If the owner wants to he can always change permissions on the folder anyways if he feels too many people are looking for that stuff.

But I must confess not many people are looking for older Mac manuals. Most look for software.

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.