All Forums
 Lounge
 old rare drivers
Author Topic  
Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 17 Nov 2003 :  20:04:18
Anybody ever see software/drivers for a sigma doubleup board (nubus) or a storm dual dsp board?

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 17 Nov 2003 :  20:28:57
I'll have a look in my archive. I have a bunch of old drivers.

Go to Top of Page

Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 17 Nov 2003 :  23:10:43
Ok let me know

Go to Top of Page

Xanathus
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts
Posted - 16 Dec 2003 :  06:27:01
What software do you want for the STORM card?

I have a STORM, Inc. PicturePress Dual DSP card that came with an old version of the PicturePress software. That software let you open or save JPEG images very quickly. It also had options for JPEG+, which allowed you to have two levels of compression for different parts of the image.

I could dig that software up if you want a copy. I think it is version 2, although I believe version 3 is the latest.

Also... I find that these DSP cards are compatible with the SuperMac Thunderstorm DSP card software. Specifically, ftp.radiusvintage.com used to have IPA (Image Processor Acceleration) software that accelerated common Photoshop filters and functions. This is different than the Radius DSP cards and software, but does essentially the same thing.

There was also mention of Apple's Multimedia authoring solution that included a DSP card and the Cinepak Acceleration Toolkit (or something to that effect). I imagine that it sped up the video encoding process. I would love to get my hands on that, but I think it was vapour-ware.

If any of this information is misleading or incorrect, I sincerely apologize. Hope it is helpful though. This is just my understanding of the way things are.

Go to Top of Page

Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 16 Dec 2003 :  09:23:38
Any software or drives for the card would work for me since I have nothing at the moment.

Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 16 Dec 2003 :  12:03:57
Sorry I haven't looked to see what drivers I have, my iMac hard drive is starting to make a clicking noise now and then and I'm afraid of what that means. I am heading out in a few minutes to buy another pack of CD-R's to backup any data I have and to do a fresh format of the drive and let Norton check the drive out 100%.

:(

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 16 Dec 2003 :  12:10:40
I didn't find any on a quick search of my HDD either, but search "ThunderStorm" on the forums here (and maybe over on 'fritter) and you may find some info in the thread about mine. Did you check the gamba2/macdrivermuseum links yet?

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 16 Dec 2003 12:12:10Go to Top of Page

Xanathus
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts
Posted - 17 Dec 2003 :  07:24:46
Well, I found the SuperMac Image Processing Accelerator software today. That should work great for making Photoshop faster.

I uploaded the drivers to the RetroMac68k Hotline Server, as I could not remember or find any address for the 68kMLA HL server.

retromac68k.dyndns.org
retro
retro

I also uploaded DigitalFilm 1.6 drivers. I think someone else wanted those.

John Gilbert, Xanathus Studios

68K: Powerbook Duo 280c, Quadra 840av (2 of 'em), Quadra 950, IIcx, Performa 460, etc. (a lot of "etc.")
PPC: 9600 (G4/700), 9500 (G3/400) & 8500 (G3/300)Go to Top of Page

Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 17 Dec 2003 :  09:34:34
Thanks, just grabbed the files. is it me or is that server hard to navigate?

Go to Top of Page

Xanathus
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts
Posted - 17 Dec 2003 :  10:10:46
quote:

Thanks, just grabbed the files. is it me or is that server hard to navigate?

I agree that it is difficult to navigate. I think there is an Admin or someone that is starting to organize all the files. If all goes well, then it should be easier to find what you are looking for.

I still like the server, though. It's a great resource for us 68k Mac folks.

I'll see if I can find the other PicturePress software from Storm Technology, Inc. I should have the JPEG making/viewing program as well as a Photoshop Import/Export plugin.

Supposedly, there was a Quicktime plugin called "QuickPress", but I never had that one. It was compatible with the Photo JPEG codec, and sped up any encoding or decoding in that format.

I emailed the guy who made the software (and founded/ran Storm Technology) a while back - Dolf Starreveld. He told me about the software that they had developed back in the day. But he didn't have any copies of it. He's got a web site, if you're interested.
> http://www.starreveld.com/index.html

John Gilbert, Xanathus Studios

68K: Powerbook Duo 280c, Quadra 840av (2 of 'em), Quadra 950, IIcx, Performa 460, etc. (a lot of "etc.")
PPC: 9600 (G4/700), 9500 (G3/400) & 8500 (G3/300)Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.