68k Conquests
 First post...My Liberations!
Author Topic  
macaphile
Starting Member

USA
28 Posts
Posted - 12 Feb 2002 :  20:12:48
Here is my first time (please be gentle!) I statrted working a new school this year and the system was purging the Macs from the sysyem. My wife almost divorced me when she saw all the 68K goodness I brought home!
Color classic
3 Mac SE's
4 LC III
2 Q660's
2 Q605's
(5 more "modern macs as well)
All saved from a fate worse than death!

"Holy crap! A Mac can do that!"-Every PC user I talk to

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 12 Feb 2002 :  20:55:02
quote:

[font=Comic Sans MS]Here is my first time (please be gentle!)

I HATE YOU!

actually, with a lead in line like that one, ain't no way you were lookin' for a straight answer and you're gonna fit in just fine around here. *tho, i am jealous as h**l!* welcome aboard, comrade! nice haul!
jt

Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 12 Feb 2002 :  23:44:25
Welcome aboard! I'm the boss around here, if anyone gives you strife, then tell me.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army (now with forums!)
00013 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

NMH_Yeti
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts
Posted - 13 Feb 2002 :  01:42:47
Hmmm....

"Color classic 3, Mac SE's, 4 LC III, 475, 2 Q660's, 2 Q605's"

...that's alottamacs.

Congrats!!!!!
-Yeti

NMH_Yeti
Vice Viceroy in charge of Vice.
68k Macs liberated: 2Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 13 Feb 2002 :  03:46:33
quote:

My wife almost divorced me when she saw all the 68K goodness I brought home!
Color classic
3 Mac SE's
4 LC III
2 Q660's
2 Q605's

Just leave the 605's out in the open where she can see them, and she'll squeal, point, shout "look at those cute little feet!" and she'll be hooked.

:)

welcome btw!
dana

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 13 Feb 2002 :  08:53:42
What are the 5 "more modern macs", may we ask? Just for perspective, of course...

666th poster to the
68K Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Visit my site!Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 13 Feb 2002 :  13:07:17
if one of them is a 9600/350, then I will be forced to tie you with the Rope of Mystery (how do you do that trademark on windows again?) and beat you repeatedly with my Stick of Justice

--------------------
FireWire is fast
General, 4 star
beholder of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 13 Feb 2002 :  13:22:33
I know it's ctrl and four digits, but I can't remember what digits or what sequence. But, uh, you could just copy and paste from your sig.

666th poster to the

Rexzilla

132 Posts
Posted - 13 Feb 2002 :  15:00:33
Welcome to our group of Macaholics. Just tell your wife they "followed you home".

You know you are really sick with Mac fever when you have the urge to network everything... going to every PC store in existence asking for old Asante cards and phonenet adapters. But it does not end there...then you start doing system hacks and tweaking that nobody in their "right mind" would do. At about that time your wife may ditch your collection , which is grounds for divorce in this state:) Hmm...maybe we should have secret stashes of Macs just in case...hmm.

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 13 Feb 2002 :  15:44:19
Tell me about it! I have my Color Classic, LC 475, IIci and IIfx all hidden in my daughter's closet. Whenever a new eBay item arrives and I haven't intercepted the Mailman to get it, my wife gives me one of those evil looks and makes me turn over the mail key to her. Lately, I've had to space out ebay auctions and go to thrift stores, where I can hide the goods in my trunk for a while before moving it to the closet. After a few weeks, if I take said item out of the closet and she asks about it, I just say, "This old thing? Why, it's been in there for years,"

666th poster to the

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 13 Feb 2002 :  18:28:09
quote:

I've had to space out ebay auctions and go to thrift stores, where I can hide the goods in my trunk for a while before moving it to the closet. After a few weeks, if I take said item out of the closet and she asks about it, I just say, "This old thing? Why, it's been in there for years,"

My wife always gave me a hard time about cameras and lenses: "how many lenses do you need?" like I wasn't supposed to have one of each fl for all my cameras or something. One day I came home with a MINT black Nikon SP with full motor drive setup from the first batch ever made (Sept.'57) & she went thru the roof cuz I'd paid $1500 for it, hounded me until I sold it for $50 more than I'd paid for it after I'd played with it for about 8 months. Within 3 years the value topped out at somewhere around 25k before the japanese economy went into meltdown mode and the bottom fell out of the market. She never said another freakin' word! sweetest $50 bucks I ever made!

jt

Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 13 Feb 2002 :  19:10:36
quote:

I know it's ctrl and four digits, but I can't remember what digits or what sequence. But, uh, you could just copy and paste from your sig.

Bleh. My brain is officially fried.

--------------------
FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 13 Feb 2002 :  23:16:10
I think it's Alt+0153. ™ <- Yup!

Anyway, email FireWire every day to get your Macs added to the official 68kmla listings. Don't worry about bothering him, he expects it.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army (now with forums!)
00013 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 14 Feb 2002 :  05:43:37
quote:

Anyway, email FireWire every day to get your Macs added to the official 68kmla listings. Don't worry about bothering him, he expects it.

he even checks his email every every couple of weeks!
this doesn't look like a good week to count on it tho. hey, fw, feelin' any better today? hope so!

check six, comrades,
jt

Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 14 Feb 2002 :  08:26:06
heh, I've gotton into the habit of checking my email every day, jt

the website is coming along...i got a chance to work on it last night (nothing new uploaded yet, though) and more shall get done tonight and this weekend

--------------------
FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.