All Forums
 68k Conquests
 It all comes together
Author Topic  
candyPunk

USA
856 Posts
Posted - 12 Feb 2002 :  20:07:05
I'm posting this from my brand new(!) Quadra 800. This is an odd sort of liberation. No 3 pieces of this machine came with each other. The case and power supply were a pair, but the disk-, cd-, and hard drive were all either in my possetion or picked up just for this purpose. The ram came from another board. I still need vram. Oh, the mobo came in the case, but I didn't think there would be one, as I didn't pay for it and had one anyway. This thing is great! The internet is quick quick quick and mpegdec plays in stereo...BWAHAHA! I need another hard drive to complement the internal one, and another to fill a drive housing, which will bring me to a total of 4 hard drives, at a minimum of 3.5 gigs total. Woowoo! The only problem is the cd drive: I have no mounting sled, and the tray loader doesn't quite fit the slot in the case, plus the bezel is for a caddy loaded drive. No worries, once I find an appropriate screw driver, I can swap it out with the drive in my 660av. I've got the appropriate bezel for that one.

Chalk one up for the good guys! Woowoo! Talk about a loving home! A C610 took a hit for the disk drive though...is that frowned upon? It had no CD drive or hard drive, and hadn't even been booted up all the way before. 20 mhz doesn't quite cut it.

{ candyPunk }
{ Captain of Observation, 68k MLA }
{ Macs liberated: 6 }
{ My baby: Q660av }

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 12 Feb 2002 :  21:21:32
Cool, a Frankenmac! Congrats on the liberation.

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

candyPunk

USA
856 Posts
Posted - 12 Feb 2002 :  22:11:00
Hey, I like that, Frankenmac

{ candyPunk }
{ Captain of Observation, 68k MLA }
{ Macs liberated: 6 }
{ My baby: Q660av }Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 12 Feb 2002 :  23:35:56
Same kinda thing as my 950; the remains of several pizzaboxes and the RAM from a Color Classic helped to make it what it is, a 1 GB 40 meg monster!

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army (now with forums!)
00013 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.