treasure trove of my old manuals and info
Author Topic  
tachyon
Starting Member

Australia
29 Posts
Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  04:55:21
Hey there troops,
How's this for a score. Years ago I had a Mac512Ke and Imagewriter I 15", later replaced by a MacSE and Imagewriter II. These were sold to a relative, who recently cleaned up their study and found all this old stuff of mine!
* Original Imagewriter II Manual 030-2002-D ©1985
* ClarisCAD presentation guide, 1988
* "The War of Words" article comparing FullWrite Pro to Word 4.0, and review of GCC's WriteMove portable printer (photocopied from a Macworld magazine May 1989)
* MiniFinders, reviews of heaps of Mac items circa 1991, photocopied from MacUser magazine (check this price out-- 1GB Hard Drive for US$2899!!)
* Unused RAINBOW Apple stickers
* photocopied pages from "Programming the Macintosh in C" - never did get the hang of it
* 3 articles about C from Byte magazine August 1988
* Printed manual from FEdit disk editor
* Mac Tech Note #38: The ROM Debugger
* Troubleshooting Startup Flowcharts from Mac OS Training 1995
* Manuals for The Duel; Test Drive II and Grand Prix Circuit (still have original floppies but I need to back them up!!) Grand Prix Tennis, Falcon, Glider 4, PT-109
* photocopy of review of wierd game "Moebius" from Macworld mag.
* Mastering Macintosh; Tips and Tricks for Macintosh Computer Users by Al Hoodwin 1987
All saved from disposal! I thought this stuff was all gone. I was sad the days I had to throw out several years of Macworld and MacUser magazines, so this stuff reminds me of my early years.
Comments? PS I will post exerpts from any of these documents if you wish but scanning them will not be possible due to my time contstraints- don't get any ideas.

~~
Master 68k liberator. Too many to list. Retained collection includes SE, Classic, ClassicII, IIsi (w/NetBSD) IIvx, LC, LCIII, LC475, Quadra840AV,950(w/PPC card) PB145,520,190 & many contraband Powermacs. Last one liberated:LC580.

MacTO

Canada
60 Posts
Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  07:29:03
That sounds like one neat snapshot for the 80's, but I wonder whether that company is willing to honour their price on that 1 GB hard drive. The scary part is, it was probably easier to acquire new 1 GB units back then than it is today ... though there has been a definite improvement on the price.

Go to Top of Page

G4from128k

USA
873 Posts
Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  08:38:41
Cool cache of content!

I still use Fullwrite Professional as my main word processor and have since the day it was first released. Its got such a beautiful outliner (Word does not have an outliner, I don't care what the marketing literature or menus claim). Moreover, Fullwrite is quite zippy on a wide range of Macs (anything from a good 68k up).

Enjoy your trip down memory lane.

G4From128k

by Day: Mild-Mannered Engineer and Trapeze(tm) Artist
by Night: Colonel of Truth, Justice, and the Macintosh Way
Reserve Officer in 68kMLA Cantankerous Coot Contingent
Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  16:47:28
Very impressive!!!

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

tachyon
Starting Member

Australia
29 Posts
Posted - 06 Nov 2003 :  16:23:44
How does FullWrite handle Classic environment, has anyone tried it out?

~~
Master 68k liberator. Too many to list. Retained collection includes SE, Classic, ClassicII, IIsi (w/NetBSD) IIvx, LC, LCIII, LC475, Quadra840AV,950(w/PPC card) PB145,520,190 & many contraband Powermacs. Last one liberated:LC580.Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 06 Nov 2003 :  21:21:43
Should...most apps that run under the normal Mac OS 9 run fine under Classic.

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

G4from128k

USA
873 Posts
Posted - 07 Nov 2003 :  06:23:33
quote:

How does FullWrite handle Classic environment, has anyone tried it out?

If it doesn't I am in a world of hurt.

Next time I go to an Apple store, I plan to bring a copy of Fullwrite and Trapeze (another ancient product that I use and love) on a PCMCIA memory card for testing. Despite being pre-PPC, both work under OS 9.0.4, but what they will do on 10.3 on a G5 is anybody's guess.

G4From128k

by Day: Mild-Mannered Engineer and Trapeze(tm) Artist
by Night: Colonel of Truth, Justice, and the Macintosh Way
Reserve Officer in 68kMLA Cantankerous Coot Contingent
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.