All Forums
 68k Peripherals
 scsi card problems
Author Topic  
Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 02 Nov 2003 :  22:01:19
I have a silicon express IV nubus card in my 840av and it tends to crash when saving data to it after a minute or so. I know the drive connected to it is fine and has been tested on other machines. Is there a util I can format the drive with? Since its on the internal 68pin connector the normal utils cant get to it. I have the latest firmware on the card from attotech.com.

tachyon
Starting Member

Australia
29 Posts
Posted - 11 Nov 2003 :  16:23:23
There's heaps of stuff that you could use, if you could track down a copy! I find that some of this stuff is still loaded on secondhand computers. For instance:
SCSI Director, or SCSI Director Pro.
FWB Hard Disk Toolkit.
PLI Formatter
Drive 7
Charismac's Anubis
MicroNet SCSI utility
FormatterOne.
PS Have you tried a different SCSI cable and made sure that the termination is correct? Put the device on the end of the chain and set its jumper for termination to on. If that doesn't work, put it back one in the chain and add an internal terminator to the end of the chain.

~~
Master 68k liberator. Too many to list. Retained collection includes SE, Classic, ClassicII, IIsi (w/NetBSD) IIvx, LC, LCIII, LC475, Quadra840AV,950(w/PPC card) PB145,520,190 & many contraband Powermacs. Last one liberated:LC580.Go to Top of Page

Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 17 Nov 2003 :  16:31:28
I think I got the card ironed out. I just loaded OS 7.6.1 on the 840av and reformatted the drive.

I just got a nubus jackhammer card in today from EBAY for $8.99 including shipping an its working great on my IIfx. Now all I need is a network card for that beast ( the farallon in it was DOA when I recieved the IIfx)

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.