68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums
Home | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General 68kMLA News & Stuff
 Should the website link on the forums be changed?
Author Topic  
TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 29 Oct 2003 :  03:44:42
To http://www.68kmla.org?

Jeremy

"From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs." - Karl Marx

Covert Ops
68k Hacks General
Macs Liberated:26

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 29 Oct 2003 :  17:23:22
No.

That site isn't the official site. It was purchased by a member to make sure the DNS Leeches wouldn't claim those names.

Go to Top of Page

dave1212

Canada
65 Posts
Posted - 29 Oct 2003 :  19:02:57
quote:

No.

That site isn't the official site. It was purchased by a member to make sure the DNS Leeches wouldn't claim those names.

Same reason I bought 68kmla.ca
I have thought about putting up some sort of site at that address, but thought that would be selfish until I have enough content. Regardless, I much prefer to be able to type 68kmla.ca and end up here than have to deal with the lit addy.

Hate squatters. They should all die a horrible death.

BTW, what's the .org site made in? (CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM) The menu jumps all over the place bc of the rollovers.. kind of disorienting.

I do like the Newton logos, they look good, but as for content, I don't think it's up for the task of replacing the current site just yet... good effort so far though. I will try to find that article about the history of Apple that I mentioned last time this site was brought up.

Liberated 68xxx Macs: IIsi, IIci (2), LC II, Classic II (2)

Liberated PowerPC Macs:
Powerbook 5300cs, Power Mac 7500/100

Other:
Color StyleWriter 2400, AppleCD 150 (cd-caddy type!), Apple 12" Monochrome Display, Apple Color Display (13")Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 29 Oct 2003 :  19:22:39
It was a template I found. I haven't looked too depp into the code. I will probably edit it to take out the hover, since some browsers may not load it correctly.

I have an article listed for Apple History but I am hoping to go further into the history of Apple so any tidbits and what timeline they fit into would be great. I plan on annotating all the info I get and putting it into a huge article.

I just haven't had time to change the site much. I did get all the manuals for the older machines so I am going to try and put them all online for download.

There are a few other changes happening that I can't discuss but hopefully when complete it will be easier for folks to get information on older 68k Macs.

Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 30 Oct 2003 :  05:55:55
ahh... I remember "the problem with domains"

Personally, my browser takes me straight to http://www.l68kmla.net/forums/archive/

tBoJ, wasn't the .org yours? (or was that the one that penguin got?)

ohwell I still have some content for the 68kMLA website that i was going to write, (and some that i already have written) and, of course, I already have the MLAgazine.

[MLAgazine plug] If anyone has any Quadra related content, I'd love to see/hear from you. My IM is cory5412, my eMail address(es) are (the one listed here) and cory@cory.50free.net [/MLAgazine plug]

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 30 Oct 2003 :  06:52:51
quote:
Hate squatters. They should all die a horrible death.

Same here. Cybersquatters deserve to burn in Hell, in a sea of burning Ipex PCs, insecure Windows based servers, AOL CDs, spam, and popup windows.

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 30 Oct 2003 :  10:46:37
68kmla.org was purchased by Da Penguin.

Go to Top of Page

~tl

United Kingdom
312 Posts
Posted - 30 Oct 2003 :  14:17:05
on the other hand ... 68kmla.net takes you straight to the forums

Orcadian MLA Division
68ks Liberated: 2Go to Top of Page

dave1212

Canada
65 Posts
Posted - 30 Oct 2003 :  17:29:29
quote:

on the other hand ... 68kmla.net takes you straight to the forums

yes, as does 68kmla.ca

hehe, .ca is shorter ;)

for the really lazy (or stoners)

Liberated 68xxx Macs: IIsi, IIci (2), LC II, Classic II (2)

Liberated PowerPC Macs:
Powerbook 5300cs, Power Mac 7500/100

Other:
Color StyleWriter 2400, AppleCD 150 (cd-caddy type!), Apple 12" Monochrome Display, Apple Color Display (13")Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 30 Oct 2003 :  19:31:46
The other thing is that the website is linkdead. I'll have to get around to moving it over the holidays.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 31 Oct 2003 :  10:25:34
Now, Now... WIndows servers aren't that bad... remember, Genecomp.NET was almost based on a P200 with 128 of mem, running a semilegal copy of Win.NET server 2003 RC1... (all I needed was to get a database/forum and stuff working... and I would've kept up using that setup...

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.