68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums
Home | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 Lookin' for a 61xx w/ monitor, mouse and keyboard.
Author Topic  
Christophillis
Forums Squadron Commander

USA
688 Posts
Posted - 10 Feb 2002 :  14:46:43
I know know this isn't 68k but oh well, I need what the subject says. preferably with at least 32mgs of ram and 750mg hd.

68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Christophillis-
Sergeant First Class
Total 68k Macs Liberated: 4

noirwest

USA
59 Posts
Posted - 11 Feb 2002 :  00:15:12
I know this isn't exactly what you were looking for but I'm wondering if there is a college or university within fifty or sixty miles of where you are that has a surplus equipment sales? I have several 61/66 machines none of which cost me more than $30 attached to 14" Applevision AV monitors in pristine condition that went for $25 to $40. It would cost more than I paid for these things to ship them at the cheapest rate, well, the monitors at least. And you know how sensitive to shock these older apple monitors are, I am wondering if it could be packed well enough to survive the journey? I've had several work in the surplus place only to get them home, plug 'em in to stare at a dark screen resulting from some heat annealed or brittle piece of crap shaking, breaking loose.

Go to Top of Page

Christophillis

USA
688 Posts
Posted - 11 Feb 2002 :  05:59:05
These are powermacs i take it? How much for one w/ a monitor and keyboard?

Christophillis-
Sergeant First Class
Total 68k Macs Liberated: 4Go to Top of Page

noirwest

USA
59 Posts
Posted - 11 Feb 2002 :  17:35:16
If you lived next door to me I'd give you one. As it is, even though the ram is maxed out and they all have at least 1.2 gig drives or more and videos cards of one kind or another I couldn't ask for more than $100 in good conscience since they are still, after all, 6100/66 machines. The problem I have is how much trouble it would be to buy boxes, packing material, and then pack and mail the damn thing. I work two jobs and just don't have time for it - not even if I were to charge another $100 for my trouble. That's why I was asking about the possibility of you finding one near you for practically nothing since these machines are reaching the point where shipping costs more than they do.

Go to Top of Page

Christophillis

USA
688 Posts
Posted - 11 Feb 2002 :  19:09:15
Well... not to be personal but where abouts in the U.S. do you live? and since you seemed so burdened by shipping and junk that mabey if you lived in MI I could very possibly come and pick it up. So what is the price for these? how many do you have? I know it might be a burden, but how much for one of em' and shipping?

By the way, LeeMac since this is new keep this post open please.

Christophillis-
Sergeant First Class

noirwest

USA
59 Posts
Posted - 11 Feb 2002 :  19:43:54
I'm looking at the Olympic Torch through my bedroom window, the view is great, sure, drive right on over.

Go to Top of Page

noirwest

USA
59 Posts
Posted - 11 Feb 2002 :  19:48:28
Better yet, surf on over to this, looks like they already have it in the box and for $99.95 you can't do any better.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2001775996

Go to Top of Page

Christophillis

USA
688 Posts
Posted - 11 Feb 2002 :  19:51:16
That is a good auction, but I don't need all that extra junk. This computer is not for me it is for my sister. But if you can't sell me one of yours thats fine.

Christophillis-
Sergeant First Class

Christophillis

USA
688 Posts
Posted - 11 Feb 2002 :  19:53:46
And I don't think I'll be drivin' out to your home any time because I live in Michigan and Salt Lake City is a bit further than I would like to travel.

Christophillis-
Sergeant First Class

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.