All Forums
 68k Hacks
 8600 Mod
Author Topic  
The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  00:08:52
This sunday my 8600 is going to have new holes drilled in for some fans that are going to be installed.

The blank faceplate will have holes drilled for 2 medium size fans which will blow air out of the case. It will sit above the Hard Disk and just below CD/Floppy to allow good air flow.

Next, the top of the 8600 cae will be drilled out to create an Apple Logo, which will be filled with a glass equivalent and lights will be installed inside to illuminate it. (The lights will install where the factory default Hard Disk is installed.)

If I can find schematics for the various hard disks and find out where the leads for LED lights are, the faceplate for the internal Hard Disk will have an extra hole drilled for an LED. The one lacking part of the earlier (and present) case design was drive indicator LED's which always for me seemed like relief lights so I know everything is working.

The side of the case above the lower fan installment will be cut out and replaced with glass equivalent. If I can shape the glass to go around the Fan, then I will. Otherwise I'll do the best I can.

The external SCSI case will have 2 parts drilled out. On the top the name Quantum and the SSI logo will be drilled out and filled with glass equivalent. On the side of the metal casing Quantum will be painted on.

After all the major holes are put in, the case components will be painted Forest green.

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  00:35:06
Very nice!

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

Kami

Canada
132 Posts
Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  12:13:35
Hey BoJ

Sounds like a very busy Sunday. Guess you won't want the Quadra 605 dropped by this weekend. I don't want to distract you from the modding on the 8600

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.