All Forums
 Lounge
 Back To School For Me
Author Topic  
The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  11:46:58
Well, I never *officially* completed highschool, mainly because in the sourse of events, the schools never got thier acts together to get the info required for my marks.

For example, the school I went to grade 8 in still hasn't sent over thier records to the ministry and the other school so they can kno what I did in grade 8.

I took Distance Education from grade 9-12 and the only 3 courses they mark as incomplete are English 12, CAPP12 and Intro Math 11. Well, Intro Math 11 was completed and i even took the test but because they didn't recieve 2 sections (small work papers) the computer refused to grade it. The lady was kind enough to be able to force Math 11 to complete so now I have to redo English 12 and CAPP12.

English 12 sucks because I already had gone in and done the provincial exam for it and passed but they glitched up my records. So, I'm going back to school soon. On the 7th I go in and meet with the counsellor to see what options I have, if I can simply do the required courses and get my original diploma or if I have to go the "Adult Graduation" way. The only reason I never bothered with checking up on my grades etc. before was that I was too sick or health wise not able to.

So, of the two courses that the computers says i need, English 12 is the nicest. (I am a high mark student in English & Communications) I suck at math so i was sooo happy when she forced the computer to put the grade up. (The computer didn't like it, I could hear Sosumi in the background protesting each mark adjustment.)

So now I might iether go to class or go to a online session and do stuff online. I sorta am nervous about going to class, but I want to because it will be better for me since I'm not much of a go-getter so if I'm left to do stuff online I probably would get sidetracked.

Well, school is fun, but only if you make it fun.

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  17:08:14
Oh god....good luck!

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  18:21:39
how old are you again?

it sounds like you have had a pretty weirded out school system?

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  22:13:12
I'm 23.

When I was starting grade 11/12 was when my Bipolar was getting bad along with ADD, and I no longer had the ability to focus on schoolwork. It's like a mental form of turrets. (ADD) You just have the twitches in your head and your mind keeps jumping from one subject to another. Very hard to deal with.

And to top it off the school computers made some glitches of my work assignments so I'm just gonna go back a.) because it's sorta neat to go back to school, I miss the whole school thing because after grade 8, I took 9-12 via distance education and b.) I just am too tired to wade through the school system and try and force my grades, I'll just take the course, besides, English was my strong subject so it should not be much of an issue for me. My main challenge was math, and that's finished with so I hope I never see a math textbook again.

Go to Top of Page

Derekcat

USA
342 Posts
Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  23:02:55
I hate english…

Just today, my english teacher [apparently] decided that I had to not only print out the reading log that I had done, but *glue it* into a composition notebook… [every was supposed to have a composition notebook and use that for a reading log, but I can type a lot faster and ***A LOT** clearer , on my 5300ce]

But, she seemed to belive that she had said, that I had to glue it into the composition notebook in the first place. [which I am sure she didn't…] - But, she also thinks that "letting" me use the PB is being leaniant… -_-

luckly I didn't get too mad, or argumentative [I walked over to the computer graphics lab and started playing Tranquility… and then Deimos Rising]

If I open my window all the bugs will get in…That's just one more reason to use a Mac!
Mac Portable
LC ||
SE/30
||si
||ci
Quadras: 660av, 950
PMs: 6100/G3/233, 6214CD, 5400/120, 7100/80av, 9500/G3/300
PB 5300ce
SuperMac C600 180, 240Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.