Lounge
 Just got back from the Swaps...
Author Topic  
cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 27 Sep 2003 :  12:40:04
I didn't actually get anything.. but I saw alot...

One particular place had alot of cool stuff, like some stuff for some "inVision" *(dunno if that was the actual name) computer, it was nothing I'd ever seen or heard of before, it sounds like it came out of the '80s, and was used for high end graphics or something...

At the same place, was loads of *OMG* PROJECTORS!!!
Old 8mm and reel-to-reel film projectors, mom said that maybe we'd go back tomrrow and get one of the projectors to salvage..

Other thn that, there was alot of useless (to me) junk, at least 100 different TVs between the two places of swaps we went, and a few P100 ~ish systems (a complete packard bell, IBM, and Dell...)

Tomorrow when/if I go back, I'll also salvage that old computer stuff, ask if i can rummage around to see if I can find the CPU, and there was LOTS of cool old books and junk... Maybe if i can find the CPU, and there's a monitor that'll work with it, I'll compile a buncho pictures and junk of it, that way the internet knows about just one more KIND of computer...

It looked like a machine that was meant for high end graphics, it had CAd software, and a modem, and a "DOS" (not THE does, but a Disk Operating System) and a mouse to go with it...

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"

Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 28 Sep 2003 :  14:22:34
If you ever find any boxed amiga, dos era pc, atari st games at those places let me know (I collect them, usually find them for $2-3 each)

Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 28 Sep 2003 :  14:29:40
Not that I saw was there any of that here, I bet where I lived in WA I'd be able to find junk like that really easy though...

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.