Alien

Netherlands
269 Posts
Posted - 24 Sep 2003 :  12:50:14
First off, subscribe, stoopid!

But consider this:

quote:
To: "'newtontalk@newtontalk.net'" <newtontalk@newtontalk.net>
Subject: [NTLK] URGENT: DO NOT BUY THIS.
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 07:50:58 -0700

Dear All,

Well, it seems that Ferdi (knowlegenavigator) is up to tricks again. Looks as though he has copied my design - WITHOUT my consent. (Thanks for the heads up, Woo)

He is trying to sell copies of my SER-001 board on ebay. I won't give the page as I am not about to help him advertise. You can find it if you search.

Now I am all for healthy competition but this is a blatant rip-off!

Ferdi has approached me in the past to buy my SER-001 boards. I sold him one at the very start of my venture and as I learned more of his tactics, I refused to sell him any more.

He has taken it upon himself to DUPLICATE my design. But here's the rub, Ferdi, the design you have duplicated is based on the one board that I sold you.

It is a rev - board.

I went though 2 more iterations to get to the present design. The revisions took care of a number of problems that I can see, are STILL ON HIS RIPOFF DESIGN.

Nice going Ferdi , you moron!

If you buy this from him, you will not only be aiding a thief but getting an INFERIOR product to boot.

If you want the REAL-DEAL then just wait a couple of weeks as I have started another batch going.

This time, you will be able to buy either direct from me as always or through J&K Sales who will fit them for you. Either way, it will be way cheaper than this scumbag wants to rip you off for.

At the end of the day, I can't force any of you to buy form me but you WILL get what you pay for.

It's up to you guys to send a message.

Thanks for your time,

David Humphreys (PCBman)

So there you have it.

,xtG
.tsooJ

--
who | grep -i blonde | date
cd ~; unzip; touch; strip; finger
mount; gasp; yes; uptime; umount
sleep

Fedorenko

Australia
463 Posts
Posted - 24 Sep 2003 :  23:22:06
Thats been fun watching. I commented on him triyng to sell me a pixolsution and seri-001 board Under Matthew SHepherd.

Good ideas usually are created by crazy people, go figure...Go to Top of Page

Kami

Canada
132 Posts
Posted - 26 Sep 2003 :  18:34:11
Its actually been pretty sad... this whole situation with the SER-001 rip-off. In such a small tightly knit community of users there was so little to be gained by doing this. Eventually, anyone who has a Newt or wants a Newt, jumps onto Newtontalk so he or she would eventually find out the details of this situation in the archives or simply by asking about it. Bizarre.

Go to Top of Page

Eft37

USA
193 Posts
Posted - 01 Oct 2003 :  12:24:25
Everytime that Ferdi guy gets involved, things go sour.
I too looked into doing "frozen Newton" and e-mailed the Japanese about it, they told me to "just go for it, as it took too much effort" to do as a viable option. I shelved the project for financial and time restraints, but some day I will fabricate plastics via molding.

Go to Top of Page

Kami

Canada
132 Posts
Posted - 01 Oct 2003 :  18:56:28
it would be great to get some new case plastics. the clear design would be ultra-cool but I can see that it would be pretty expensive to manufacture.

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.