All Forums
 Balloon Help
 Apple Script at school
Author Topic  
Derekcat

USA
342 Posts
Posted - 16 Sep 2003 :  10:04:40
Well, here in the computer graphics lab we use Painter 6.1, and OS 9.2.2 with multiple users… but the student user sometimes has a permission problem when painter wants to write to the HD, so I thought "Ok, I'll just make disk copy images and give the students access to them"
but right now Im trying to make it a little faster incase I have to do this to all the computers [dont ask me why some of em have permission while others dont; they [the computer setups] all came from one disk image we stuck on the server while we were setting everything up]

So I made this Apple Script to make the disk images for me…

quote:
tell application "Finder"
display dialog "What is the exact name of the startup hard drive?" buttons {"Okey"} default button 1 default answer "TuHS_124_L"
tell application "Disk Copy"
activate
create "Painter temp " saving as file startup disk ":Users:Student:Startup Items:Painter temp .img" logical blocks 1024000 filesystem compatible Mac OS Extended with zeroing and leave image mounted ¬

end tell
end tell

I either need to make it so I can just enter the computer's number [in the field created by the default answer], or make it so that it can just use the startup disk…

Thanks ^_^

If I open my window all the bugs will get in…That's just one more reason to use a Mac!
Mac Portable
LC ||
SE/30
||si
||ci
Quadras: 660av, 950
PMs: 6100/G3/233, 6214CD, 5400/120, 7100/80av, 9500/G3/300
PB 5300ce
SuperMac C600 180, 240

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.