All Forums
 Lounge
 NOTHING FSCKING WORKS!! -warning! RANT!-
Author Topic  
boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  22:31:17
my pismo's hard drive's bearings are going, therefore, if I jostle it just a bit, the hard drive goes off true, and spins out, and then spins back up again (fortunately, the head parks when it starts to slow down, so my data is not gone, sO I can put it on my server...) my server refuses to install linux, EVERYONE is MORBIDLY IGNORANT (making a RAID0 array is bad for the hard drives because it accesses all the hard drives more... or, you can't share files between linux and windows, unless the partition you are sharing is FAT32, putting a mac on a network crashes said network, if there is even one PC on it, letting every student in a school have access to the search function...) the VOICES keep telling me to do stuff.... everything is dying! EVERYTHING!!! RRRGH!!!! why does nothing work! it makes absolutely no sense! it's like the universe WANTS me to go insane! IT'S WORKING!!! YOU CAN STOP NOW!!

;klthglkrjesa-g09uia4-592h3iorujae-=fgonhgh
:""Doonfn!"!":!";k;

10000Th poster and 1000Th AND 1500Th topic creator in lounge.

and remember, if you try and install mac OS 10.2 on an early G3, you will go insane, and aquire a thirst for blood!

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  23:31:28
That sucks....

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  01:37:57
There are some days that my machines do not want to respond the way I want them to. No matter what I try I can't get them going and I have to give up and try another day because some day's I'm just out of my usual rythm.

Maybe you need a cold glass of water with ice and then our it over you and get drenched, tie your shoes the wrong way, put your hat on backwards yell out like Tarzan and tell the machines you're coming in for landing and talk sarcastically to them and who knows maybe they will like you again.

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  01:54:58
HAR!™ Good idea! You WOULD look kinda weird though....

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

Commodore64
Starting Member

Sweden
47 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  06:33:44
quote:
There are some days that my machines do not want to respond the way I want them to.

That always happens to me too.
Feels almost like the machines has got a mind of their own..
Can be really annoying

Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  06:56:23
I always talk to my computers, I yell at them, I pet them, I give them "looks" and loads loads more

sometimes it helps, sometimes it's just a fantastic way to release some of your "anger"

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

q950

USA
135 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  08:43:32
I had a similar problem with one of my hard drives once, but it turned out it was actually a loose power supply connector, those pins werent making a good connection and if I touched the computer the drive would spin up and down. Try checking the PS connector to the drive.

Logan

Quadra 950, Workgroup Server 9150, Performa 6400, Powerbook 2300c, 4x Quadra 700's, iBookGo to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  09:47:33
that is a good idea, hardware sometimes has some pretty weird voodoo effects on software.

Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  10:34:28
yeah. guess what, it's a laptop hard drive. when I take it out, and tilt it upside down, it feels like the platters slide about a milimeter. it's NOT a power connector. it sucks ass. along with the battery problem...

RRRRRRRGH!

htkjert
"hoopla"

and remember, if you try and install mac OS 10.2 on an early G3, you will go insane, and aquire a thirst for blood!Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  11:21:21
it was just a suggestion.

Here's another one, if you didn't like q950's... get a new hard drive.. sometimes that fixes harddrive related problems...

also, sometimes taking a bit more of a calmed approach to your problems will help greatly.

Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  15:29:49
yes well... a 10GB laptop HD dying is kindof like a 120GB 3.5" drive failing. expensive to replace. I could prolly just put a 1.3GB drive in it, plopp 9.2 on said drive, and store all my files on me server. better than nothing. fortunately I have two of those, so all have hard drives.

HHTRHhdnffs
"Sdocms"

and remember, if you try and install mac OS 10.2 on an early G3, you will go insane, and aquire a thirst for blood!Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  15:43:01
cool, yeah I guess it might be expensive, other than the fact that they shouldn't even be makng 10giggers anymore, so that should be cheap....

Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.