Lounge
 A moment of slience.
Author Topic  
cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2003 :  22:00:06
For the mousie that dad killed, twas behind our oven and under our fridge. I never looked at him very good, but I called him Herman.

It's time for post-traumatic stress syndrome.

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2003 :  22:03:00
Don't give it a second thought it could have given you a disease.

Well... We like to call it ÜberGather2k6/7Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2003 :  22:27:53
The apartment I live in has mice because of the transient nature of the place, and because so many people are just slobs, typical welfare people who rent here. However it's been worse lately because of the large amount of contruction nearby as they are tearing down a mall to build a new Real Canadian SuperStore.

To prevent them from entering, use steel wool to plug holes. I don't personally like using Poisin because it is cruel to them, since the essential bleed to death. Traps are quick, safe and easy to throw out, and means you won't have mice dieing and rotting inside the walls. It's also nicer to them because they don't suffer, it's just a quick snap and it's over. (If I could I wouldn't kill them at all. In fact, I have caught 2 mice live and I just took them outside and gave them a nice place to be and a little piece of cheese to get them on thier feet.)

Also, if you see mouse droppings, be sure to clean it up since this will attract the other mice and can carry disease. (There was that medical health issue a while back that was a respotory problem/disease caused by mouse droppings, most probably forgot aboutit but it's still valid.)

Mice have thier proper place, so if you must place blame, it's to humans who tore down thier homes, since many live in grass fields and other areas....and with so many houses going upand fields being cut down, sadly they have no place to go just like bears that enter the city.

(One bear always came to town, so quotes a community paper up north, and it always got into the beer and because it was drunk, it caused all sorts of problems. So, they switched the drinks he usually got to non-alchoholic, he got his fix and isn't such a drunken nuisance.)

Living in peace is good.

Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  06:29:44
tis sad that the places they used to be are dissappearing, it's kinda like Microsoft and the bunnies huh?

Dad says that the mouse was in here because we don't often clean/vacuum our food crumbs, maybe this weekend while theyre gone, I should get out the vacuum (if the bag isn't full) and give the house a little freshening up

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

The Lightning Stalker

USA
747 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  19:51:57
Then there's that haunta virus thing they can carry.
quote:
it's to humans who tore down thier homes, since many live in grass fields and other areas....

Not necessisarily. There's still plenty of places for mice around here, but they still come into the house in the winter because it's warm.

The Lightning Stalker

Performa 631CD, 7.5.5
LC III Mail Server
Q610
Q650

6400/180 40/1.6G/512k L2/enet/video-in/TV
7600/120 '604/233, 80/1.2G & 4G, 9.2.2 (Main Mac)

Lady Smith Apples:
Apple IIc 5.25"
2 Apple IIeGo to Top of Page

Alien

Netherlands
269 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  20:02:25
Get a cat.

Or, if you have a neighbour who owns a cat, see if you can borrow said feline for an afternoon. The scent of cat will be an effective mouse-deterrent for a month or two.

,xtG
.tsooJ

--
who | grep -i blonde | date
cd ~; unzip; touch; strip; finger
mount; gasp; yes; uptime; umount
sleepGo to Top of Page

Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  20:07:41
All you need is for the cat to kill the mouse and drop it off at your feet. Who knows what diseases those critters have. In the 30 years I have lived in this house we only had 1 mouse and I killed it (scared the shit out of me in the basement shower and I nailed it with a shampoo bottle, was a small critter).

I generally dont kill animals, better to trap and release them outside. Now we have so many cats I dont expect to see anymore anytime soon.

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.