All Forums
 Balloon Help
 PCI PC Compatibility Card
Author Topic  
The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2003 :  14:16:58
The installation went smoothly I have pcSetup 2.0 running but the catch is that even with the Monitor Dongle cable attached, the control panel states there is no monitor present. It says "Sensing" then says "No Monitor Attached".

I am wondering if the Dongle is perhaps borken or something not right?

I am going to rechack my setup but if anyone has ideas please let me know, it's kinda sad.. I got the card but it no workie.

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2003 :  22:13:09
Step One: running OS 8.5 or earlier, preferrably 8.1 because I believe that support for that junk was removed in 8.5/8.6.

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2003 :  22:37:11
It is supported in OS 9, the old website of www.pcsetup2x.com was a Vancouver company that purchased a license for Apple's source code to the Pc Setup progra/control panel and they fixed bugs and made it OS 9 compatible. Even the original 1.6 of PC Setup from Apple worked in OS 9. I talked with someone and they said more than anything it's most likely a dongle. I'll be heading out there sometime to get a replacement.

Go to Top of Page

Kami

Canada
132 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2003 :  23:13:44
BoJ

Is the web site down? I tried to connect but nothing. Is the software available from another site? Would be kind of nice to get the old PC comp card out of the box.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  02:20:56
I have them archived. I got it from the internet archive. :)

You need first of all to download Apple's Version of PC Setup first. So, download version 1.6.4 I think it is, (1.6.x for sure) and install that. I can e-mail or burn a CD for you with the new drivers.

And maybe when we get together you could bring that little dongle, I just want to test and see if it's my dongle that busted or if it's the card...cause if it's the card I gotta send it back pronto. (I leave for Hamilton on the 4th of October and I'm soo nervous, first time on a plane.

Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  06:33:59
well I did say "support" not "workingness" and that's just what I saw from the OS9 box...

Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

Kami

Canada
132 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  20:52:28
I don't know if I have a dongle for the PC Comp Card. I can't remember seeing one in the box. Is it a 4 headed dongle like the one used with the 6100 DOS?

Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  01:03:32
It's 3 headed. The PC Card has a special 23 pin adaptor (I think it's 23 pins or something close, it's 3 layers of pins) and this in turn extends to two other connectors...one for your monitor and the other to plug into the Mac Video Port.

If you don't have one don't worry about it. I will e-mail and ask the people I purchased it from. I have a feeling it might be a damaged card because the dongle displays Mac OS fine (which is what I'm using now) but doesn't display the card. Very odd. Anyways...I will figure it out one way or another.

Go to Top of Page

Kami

Canada
132 Posts
Posted - 14 Sep 2003 :  11:40:07
Hey BoJ

I'll bring my PC Comp card over the next time we meet and you can try it out. The car is out of commission this weekend so I'll try to catch you later in the week

K

Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 19 Sep 2003 :  10:54:43
did you try with OS 8.1? it might work if you use OS8.1

iDunno though...

Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 19 Sep 2003 :  11:50:02
Nope it's dead or something. I installed 7.5.3 and put the first edition of Pc Setup on and still no dice.

So, I don't know.

This and my other failures this day makes 350 bucks down the tube.

Go figure.

Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 21 Sep 2003 :  01:31:14
ouchies... sorry to hear that

Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.