All Forums
 Lounge
 Evil alarm clock!
Author Topic  
Tallgeese

USA
523 Posts
Posted - 08 Feb 2002 :  07:57:50

Stupid alarm clock not working properly! I'm going to catch several different kinds of hell due to this...

grrr...

Can anyone suggest a failsafe method of waking up?

Sgt. Tallgeese
Apple II Squad Leader
68k Mac Liberation Army

68k Macs Liberated: 4

Captain Z
Mobile Ops Commander

USA
637 Posts
Posted - 08 Feb 2002 :  08:39:35
I don't think there is a fail-safe way to get up.

My POS alarm clock never worked right. When the switch is set for alarm on, the metal contact inside sometimes doesn't contact, so the alarm doesn't go off. I can't get the thing to work in Music Alarm mode, because the antenna inside doesn't work. It is responcible for numerous latenesses and missing of class.

------------------
Captain Z - Sniper
68K Macintosh Liberation Army

17 68K Macs LiberatedGo to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 08 Feb 2002 :  09:03:10
How about a leaving a 68k mac hooked up to your home stereo on all night with it's alarm set to play a two-minute-long system sound file of jackhammers and police sirens...

Hey, just trying to tie it all back in to the 'board!

666th poster to the
68K Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Visit my site!Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 08 Feb 2002 :  09:21:52
Or just have it chime every half hour so you won't get any sleep - it's over-rated anyways

--------------------
FireWire is fast
General, 4 star
beholder of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™Go to Top of Page

Tallgeese

USA
523 Posts
Posted - 08 Feb 2002 :  12:27:02
quote:

How about a leaving a 68k mac hooked up to your home stereo on all night with it's alarm set to play a two-minute-long system sound file of jackhammers and police sirens...

You are obviously not acquainted with my neighborhood... That wouldbe a lullaby for me!

Sgt. Tallgeese
Apple II Squad Leader
68k Mac Liberation Army

68k Macs Liberated: 4Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 08 Feb 2002 :  15:59:15
I have the volume on my iMac set to Max and running MP3 alarm clock as well as seti while i sleep so that i can get a good start to the day by waking up to Lorraine Lawson...

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

macdaddy

USA
107 Posts
Posted - 08 Feb 2002 :  18:02:26
Bah to regular aIarm clocks! Mine quit working on radio mode, and I do not care for "Eee Eee Eee..." in the morning. I turn off my beige G3 [I know it's not a 68K] every night, and set the Energy Saver control panel to start the Mac whenever I need to. I put an alias of my MP3 player in Startup Items, set it to auto play on launch. I get the cool Mac chime, and about a minute later, MP3 music blasting through my big speakers!

Hey maclover5, MP3 Alarm Clock would be perfect for my "alarm"! Then I wouldn't have to power down all the time! Where could I get from?

macdaddy
68K Macintosh Liberation Army
68K Macs liberated : 9
Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 09 Feb 2002 :  06:45:15
macdaddy, I forget which one it is, but i know that you can get it off one of the year 2000 MacAddict CDs. Just wait a tick and i'll check the disk catalog...

Yep, its the August 2000 MacAddict CD. If you don't have that CD, i'm not sure where you can get it, i'm sorry. But it is a good program...i'd rather wake up to Lorraine each morning than "eee eee eee"...now i can have a much better start to the morning!

By the way, the "eee eee eee" was a good joke...now i can't stop myself from laughing my @$$ off!

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 09 Feb 2002 :  09:21:31
quote:

By the way, the "eee eee eee" was a good joke...now i can't stop myself from laughing my @$$ off!

What I'd love to do is release a screensaver/calmer, like the few I've seen with forest sounds, the ocean, or anything meant to resemble nature, and have the sounds a little lower in volume than full - so the puter needs to have its volume turned up a lil.

Then after about 40 minutes of playing the soothing sounds, throw in an over-volume alarm clock "eeee eeee eeee eeee"!

muahah!
dana

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 03 Mar 2002 :  00:13:01
quote:
Then after about 40 minutes of playing the soothing sounds, throw in an over-volume alarm clock "eeee eeee eeee eeee"!

muahah!
dana

Or the jackhammers and sirens.

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 03 Mar 2002 :  05:05:22
No, the 'eee eee eee' is worse...

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
00014 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.