All Forums
 Lounge
 Then it hits me
Author Topic  
redrouteone

USA
226 Posts
Posted - 07 Sep 2003 :  22:41:56
My study group for Calculus meets at a local starbucks. I got there early to get caught up on some of my homework. This girl comes in and sits down a couple of tables over, I catch her looking over at me a few time. I did not think anything of it at the time. Now I am home about 5 hours later and it hits me she was flirting with me.

I do that all the time. Either I don’t notice it until later or someone eventually says hey she's flirting with you.

Then there was the time I had a bi-sexual girl hitting on me. I kept getting annoyed that she kept moving closer to me and touching me. That could have made one hell of story.

It's no wonder I see less action than the Swiss army.

--Eric

wisof

USA
257 Posts
Posted - 07 Sep 2003 :  23:14:52
redroute. . .what are YOU looking for? The girl was looking for someone, and it was you she found. Sometimes fliting can be so subdued, yet so explicit at the same time. . .thats the beauty/mystery of our human chemistry. But if you do not notice people who want to meet you, then you must have your mind somewhere else. . .something occupying your mind?

Performa 630CD,Performa637CD,Centris 610,Quadra 630,Quadra 950,Quadra 605,SE,Giant 80mb SCSI HD,Giant 100mb SCSI HDGo to Top of Page

Gothikon

Australia
537 Posts
Posted - 08 Sep 2003 :  04:43:54
I never notice, until my girlfriend slaps them!

Nah, I'm shocking I often don't notice this kind of thing when it's right in my face, the number of girls I let pass me by. It's always like a month later someone goes, didn't you know she liked you??

--------
LC 2, LC 3, Q605, Perf 638, Colour Classic (160 603e) 6100, 7200, PTP 225 (Quad 604), PM 9600, G4 CubeGo to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  22:50:10
YOU PEOPLE! hehehe. enjoy it. it never comes for me... [:'(]

KIElhtr
""SDF""

10000Th poster and 1000Th AND 1500Th topic creator in lounge.

and remember, if you try and install mac OS 10.2 on an early G3, you will go insane, and aquire a thirst for blood!Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  01:53:21
I don't take hints or subtle clues very well. So, I would be the same way...I may see a girl maybe look at her a few times then just walk away or not notice anything. I usually tell my friend that I am terrible with guessing things and I don't take subtle hints....so just go out and say it because for me, its more emberassing if someone tries to hint to me something then gives up and says it like blurting it out..I need people to communicate openly and clearly.

I also am a believer of Chivalry and I probably spelled it wrong I always do, so it's like not right for me to take advatnage of a person or to do anything..I have to be honorable about it..which by today's standards is rare..and perhaps makes finding that special someone harder but so rewarding.

Anyways, the way I'm feeling right now I'm not much interested in girls in a romatic sense. I'm more like the eternal friend/father figure who will help them on thier way and rather enjoy watching them all grow up and enjoy thier lives than being a part of it. I live my life through other people's lives. They mean everything to me. :)

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  01:58:10
I know what you mean BoJ...i do the same thing kinda.

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  07:42:02
Don't you hate it when you think you're being flirted on, several hours after it happens?

I'm sure that this's happened to me as well

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  07:58:28
Yes, I do hate it.

Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  08:49:47
LOL, well being the geek that somehow landed a social life, I feel pretty lucky to have it happen, with or without my knowlege

Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  16:24:51
Cool. Fun.

Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  16:45:53
LOL, well are you even considered a geek ML5?

noone here really knows that I'm too geeky

Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  20:25:23
Yeah, i am when i'm @home. @home i spend about 85% of my time doing Mac stuff...lol

Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

redrouteone

USA
226 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  20:51:17
Usually when it happens I am ocupied with something else.

But I can beat all of yall on geekness.
I am in Wal Mart waiting in line. When all the sudden I hear a girl call out my name. I turn and it is an old girlfriend of mine. (We never really broke up just our lives went seperate ways to this day I still miss her.) So I walk over and she gives me a hug. And this was more than a I have not seen you in three years hug. And we chat for a few minutes and as I am about leave she says hey why dont you come over tonight. I said I might I have some stuff to finish up. So I go home and finsh what ever it was that I was doing. While trying to decide if I should go over I think I never have gotten Linux installed on the 8600. So I think about it for a while have trouble makeing up my mind. I finally did and I was surprised that KDE was that quick on the 8600.

--Eric

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  21:09:51
you installed linux on you4 8600 instead of visiting an old friend?

wow...

Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 14 Sep 2003 :  01:04:50
Why'd you do that? I wouldda chosen the girl over the 8600....you can Linux the 8600 any time, but you can't see someone like that any time!

Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

redrouteone

USA
226 Posts
Posted - 14 Sep 2003 :  11:32:42
The simple answer is that there were no strings attached with 8600. Were as the the other choice thing most likely would have gotten serious fairly quickly and that was not what I wanted. I tend to be a very independent person and and it is something that I value more than anything else. I would really like to be in a relationship but that that is not something that I am ready to give up.

--Eric

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 14 Sep 2003 :  16:27:51
Lots I could say but even though I am interested in computers, I would say that I would feel really bad about myself if I missed something like that. I would be nervous yes, I'm just thinking I know I would regret it but that's me. Plus I understand some of how you are thinking so I would perhaps be honest with a person about a relationship...sometimes a bit of honesty as to what you want in a relationship etc. can go a long way, couples today seldom really talk about what they want, they just decide to go out and don't know what the other person wants.

Go to Top of Page

The Lightning Stalker

USA
747 Posts
Posted - 14 Sep 2003 :  17:57:47
That's good that you don't notice that. If you do notice it, you'll get turned on and then the girl gets turned off.

The Lightning Stalker

Performa 631CD, 7.5.5
LC III Mail Server
Q610
Q650

6400/180 40/1.6G/512k L2/enet/video-in/TV
7600/120 '604/233, 80/1.2G & 4G, 9.2.2 (Main Mac)

Lady Smith Apples:
Apple IIc 5.25"
2 Apple IIeGo to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 14 Sep 2003 :  18:30:44
Hehe.
At the tech conference thing(NYLF) I went to this summer I met a chica, and we were friends and such. And yeah, I liked her as more than a friend and such, but never said anything cause it was this thing in california.
So, i talk to her a week after I get home from this thing.
Boy am I an idiot...
She felt the same way and such and wondered why i didn't notice, lol. Thankfully things went well, and although she lives a state away (and attends boarding skool several states away), she will be visiting in a month, woohoo!
But yes, another stoopid moment for this geek.

~The Penguin

**| Want free 68kmla email? Drop me a line |**
| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
| "The choice has been made, but now you must understand it" |Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 15 Sep 2003 :  04:39:53
Redemption is good.

Neat things that are on a girl's side:

She can mess up asking a guy out and can come back and try again without any penalty. Guys seldom can.

A girl can wear boy's clothes, act like a boy and be "tough" but if a guy even thinks of cutting his nails or putting some lotion on his face, he's toast.

Girls can all go to the washroom together...you'll see it sometimes they all crowd together and go...but if a guy says to another guy let's go to the little men's room they say..uhh...you better go by yourself.

So, my little rant on this whole thing is I like how now that Mel Gibson's movie "What Women Want" came out, I have something to relate to....because I am not afraid of understanding what women want....so I'm a sensible nice guy who is in touch with his feminine side..but that don't make me queer. And why can't a guy have nice clear soft skin on his face? Lots do. They just are lucky enough to be born with it the little pukes.

If I ever want to do the "low down" and tell a girl the reasons why she will be happier dating me than some other macho guy, here is my list:

I am sensible, kind, affectionate and I don't show off. I HATE it when people leave the tiolet seat up...(come on, who wants to look at a toilet when they are brushing thier teeth?) I'm very emotional and can listen to others and will always show an interest in her emotions, I enjoy long walks and I am not like other guys who are obsessed about S E X. I like to cuddle and tickle, and I always give massages. I also cook, sew, iron and do washing, and I actually like doing it. Oh yes, I almost forgot! I LOVE shopping!

Haha! My little secrets weapons. ;-)

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 15 Sep 2003 :  04:42:09
BoJ, i swear we must be brothers....

Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 15 Sep 2003 :  09:50:26
That southern hemisphere thing must have thrown the stork off its path when delivering you two then

~The Penguin

**| Want free 68kmla email? Drop me a line |**
| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
| "The choice has been made, but now you must understand it" |Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 15 Sep 2003 :  15:17:02
lol, maybe.

Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 15 Sep 2003 :  19:56:18
Coriolis Effect?

/me imagines ML5 living in Canada...

wowness....

Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 16 Sep 2003 :  04:29:54
Coriolis effect? What the...???

Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 16 Sep 2003 :  06:08:04
nevermind, that happens in the eastern and the western parts of the world, what southern hemisphere thing were you talking about penguin?

Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.