All Forums
 Lounge
 Vacation In 3....2....1!
Author Topic  
The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 05 Sep 2003 :  14:34:51
I saved up my money and I have just one more paycheque to save up and I have enough to fly to Ontario to see my sister! I'll probably spend about a month there and bug her the whole time. We are really close so having not seen her in about a year, it's time to get going.

She is getting her driver's license soon, Ontario has followed the general new idea for licenses the rest of Canada is doing, you get 3 stages of Licenses, the third one is your final full license, the other 2 are intermediates with various restrictions. Takes about a year or so before you get the full way.

I managed to save up enoughthat we have lots of money for having fun, I have about 900 saved up, so that's plenty for a cheap fare and lots of fun times, Ontario has lots of fun stuff to do.

The next trip we are planning to do together, to go to Europe as we both have family there, plys my other side of the family, 2 brothers and another sister (who is only 1 1/2) is there.

As always I have to make sure she is behaving herself and make sure the guys lay off, knowing that I'll take the next flight out if they try anything...heheheh!

I think the Europe trip is going to be the best, I know I will have to take a good 12 rools of film at least on that trip, there is so much in Europe to see. That trip will cost roughly 3000 dollars, that of course is including enough money for having fun and flights, it's nice we won't have to pay for Hotels or anything as we have family we can stay with, otherwise it would cost way too much.

So, here's to good time that are gonna happen!

Gothikon

Australia
537 Posts
Posted - 05 Sep 2003 :  15:37:23
Just a hint for anytrips to europe, book internal flights with Easyjet or RyanAir, virgin and Go aren't to bad either.

Anyway the reason for this is that flights are ridiculously cheap. My G/f an I flew from Scotland to France for about 10 USD each way. My parents flew fom Scotland to Italy for about 20 USD return. Some friends flew from Scotland to Germany for about 2 USD each way. Tax on each booking is about 15 USD.

The same flights with BA or someone would have cost around 100-200 USD.

The key to getting these cheap flights is looking at the websites for these companies about a 2-3 weeks in advance and being prepared to fly before 8am or after 8pm, give or take. The prices follow a cycle which goes something like this, start high, reach a low about 2 weeks before departure, rise until the last minute, then they might drop off again on the last 2 days if the flight is fairly empty.'

Anyway have fun, hopefully my family will be making the trip from the UK to Aus sometime this year to come and visit me!

--------
LC 2, LC 3, Q605, Perf 638, Colour Classic (160 603e) 6100, 7200, PTP 225 (Quad 604), PM 9600, G4 CubeGo to Top of Page

wisof

USA
257 Posts
Posted - 05 Sep 2003 :  16:54:05
Me and the lady went from London to Amsterdam for 60 USD (both of us!) with a return. Yeah, try to be as clairevoyant as you can about flights. Deals are just waiting to be had!

Performa 630CD,Performa637CD,Centris 610,Quadra 630,Quadra 950,Quadra 605,SE,Giant 80mb SCSI HD,Giant 100mb SCSI HDGo to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 05 Sep 2003 :  20:57:54
I don't think I can get prices that low. I have to leave from Vancouver, BC to Ontario by one flight, then we both get a roundtrip from Ontario to England/Manchester then after we return, I have to take my return trip back to Vancouver.

So, it's gonna cost more since we live away from each other.

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 05 Sep 2003 :  23:48:06
Cool! Have fun, and keep in touch!

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 06 Sep 2003 :  00:48:03
I leave hopefully sometime in October.

I plan on skipping town for a few bills to pay for the trip. My Visa cards and ISP won't care if I skip a month. heheheh

Well, maybe not my Visa but my ISP can go without an extra hundred bucks for a month. ;-)

See, if I wait more than a month, I'll end up spending money on something else I'm bad for saving. Right now I have my funds tied in a online system so it's a little harder to get at it, makes it nice for saving it.

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.