All Forums
 68k Software
 aha...how to read QuickTake images in OSX
Author Topic  
sheygoth
Starting Member

28 Posts
Posted - 02 Sep 2003 :  23:16:15
Hello all - I was able to answer my own question - how to use QuickTake images without the horrible PhotoFlash software, which is otherwise needed to convert from the camera's unusual PICT format to a usable one. (Basically what *I* want to do is load the camera with an older PowerBook & transfer them onto a G4 iMac for processing.) All I had to do is put the extension 'QuickTake Image' into the Classic (Sys 9) system folder. Then get a little droplet application called QuickTake Drop, which converts to JPEG in a second. I've loaded it here for download, if anyone wants it. It also works in lower os's, so there should be no reason to use PhotoFlash e-v-e-r.

http://www.viclink.com/home/poletti/pb500/qtd.sit

--Jon

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 03 Sep 2003 :  06:31:20
Are you using Photoshop? most modern mac software can read and convert PICT format, it is NOT an unusual format by ANY means.

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"

Edited by - cory5412 on 03 Sep 2003 06:37:04Go to Top of Page

sheygoth
Starting Member

28 Posts
Posted - 04 Sep 2003 :  09:36:26
Hmm - I'm not sure what plug-ins you may have, but QuickTake files right off the camera will not work in PhotoShop (I tried v5.5) - or Preview, or SimpleText, or other programs which accept standard PICT files. The QuickTake manual is explicit about this. --Jon

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.