All Forums
 68k Conquests
 Any Macs at the Flea at MIT Swapmeet?
Author Topic  
G4from128k

USA
873 Posts
Posted - 31 Aug 2003 :  14:56:13
I just found out about the swap meet at MIT in Boston -- an electronics/computers/ham radio swap that meets on the third Sunday of each month from April to October. (see http://web.mit.edu/w1mx/www/swapfest.html )

I've been travelling to MIT a few times a year for 8 years and never knew about this swapmeet. Now I find out I will be there for the September 21st event. YIPEE! I think? The admission price is somewhat steep $5 ($4 with a hardcopy of http://web.mit.edu/w1gsl/Public/flyer ).

Anybody know if this swapmeet is worth the admission price for a cheapskate Mac enthusiast?

G4From128k

by Day: Mild-Mannered Engineer and Trapeze(tm) Artist
by Night: Colonel of Truth, Justice, and the Macintosh Way
Reserve Officer in 68kMLA Cantankerous Coot Contingent

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 02 Sep 2003 :  06:00:31
I bet it is worth it, we went to a computer swapmeet in Kent, WA once... it was at "Kent Commons" it cost a few bucks, but it was cool, not necessarily for a mac enthusiast though...

I tried to take home a Quadra 800 (IIRC that's what it was) and the guy was all borking out about "well it's got this software, and it's too much money for you" (I had $60~ish)

I ended taking home one of the worst dells I've ever seen, a Pentium 90, and eventually the memory, ide and everythingelse controllers in it borked out... not a bad looking machine by my standards (a very old style of the OptiPlex, but not ugly.)

I wanted to bring home one of the silly IBM Aptiva dealies, what with being black and such... that didn't work either

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.