All Forums
 Lounge
 Perth WA, what to see and do?
Author Topic  
Gothikon

Australia
537 Posts
Posted - 13 Aug 2003 :  23:14:21
Looks like I'm going to Perth in about 6 weeks time, seeing as there are a few Australians on here any recommendations for things to do and see?

Wildlife stuff will score double points, I'm going with my g/f so I can't spend the whole time looking at computers!

--------
LC 2, LC 3, Q605, Perf 638, Colour Classic (160 603e) 6100, 7200, PTP 225 (Quad 604), PM 9600, G4 Cube

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 13 Aug 2003 :  23:24:08
When we went to WA back in 2000, we didn't do much in Perth, other than walk around the city and go shopping and stuff. However, there is a lot to do in Fremantle, which is close to Perth. One thing that I found interesting was the old Fremantle Prison, which was active from the 1800s to 1991. Obviously, it is no longer used as a prison, but there are tours held there regularly, and it is quite fun. There's also a lot of stuff to do at the Fremantle Marina. And maybe, while you're in Perth, ~Coxy may want to meet you, as he lives around there too.

Either way, have fun!

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

Flash

Australia
637 Posts
Posted - 15 Aug 2003 :  22:18:36
By day: check out the wildlife, go sailing, visit a winery, go to Fremantle, go to Rotto island, go surfing, try to stay cool (actually, it won't be too hot this time of year )

by night: check out some pubs and clubs - see some live music (whatever your flavour)

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it sure beats a blank stare for starting a conversation.

68k ParaMedicGo to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 15 Aug 2003 :  22:31:33
Oh yeah, forgot about the wineries! Then again, i was underage then, so.....

Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 16 Aug 2003 :  06:49:28
There's the WA Museum, the Bell Tower and the Art Gallery in Perth, King's Park is just 10 minutes away from the CBD by bus.
On the northern side of the railway tracks (ie. Northbridge) there's pubs and clubs galore. One stop away from Perth station is City West, which has Scitech, an interesting place if you're in to science and stuff.

Freo has markets galore, as well as the Prison, Maritime Museum and nice beaches. There's a fairly dense coffee strip there as well, for the trendy people to hang out.

If you venture inland, you'll come across wineries, scenic railways, widlife parks and of course more markets.

Our local theme park is Adventure World, which is fairly decent but not that crash hot compared to eastern states offerings.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 16 Aug 2003 :  06:52:26
quote:
Maritime Museum

Oooh yes! Forgot about that! Fun stuff.

Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.