IIci in Malaysia
Author Topic  
aadrian
Starting Member

Malaysia
1 Posts
Posted - 09 Aug 2003 :  10:28:59
Hi,

What a great find these Forums are, can't understand why it took me so long to find it.

I was browsing around a second hand computer store on the mainland and was about to leave when a little multi-colored apple caught my eye. Got the guy to dig out the box from the bottom of the sad pile and it was a dirty IIci. The man said it did not work and his repair man had given up on it. I took the cover off and in it were a pile of 30 pin simms that I thought I might be able to use in my Classic. Told him I wanted a couple and he asked how much I would pay, I said "well, 10 of our dollars each (USD2.50) he said "SOLD" and handed me the entire box for $10 !!!! - I was not about to argue, picked up the box and left.

Machine has 6 30 pin simms in it, a 160meg HD and a 12 inch Video card, no cache though.

It boots, OS7.1, then dies, trying to start it again get's it on for a second and it dies again. Visual inspection after cleaning reveals leaked electrolytic capacitors all over the board - am now considering replacing these to see if it will help, a mate of mine is pretty handy with a soldering iron and has offered to help.

An advice ?

Regards
Adrian
Classic/LCIII/IIci/LC575/660AV/7200-90/5300cs/7300-200/G3-233

Edited by - aadrian on 09 Aug 2003 10:30:56

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 09 Aug 2003 :  16:03:46
Nice conquest! It's great to hear stories like that of sad Macs being rescued from the dark side. Hope you get it back up and running!

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.