All Forums
 68k Conquests
 Stacked
Author Topic  
SiliconValleyPirate

United Kingdom
273 Posts
Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  00:10:54
I got a visit at work from a friend who is up this way for a few days, he dropped off an Apple MS720 Display (tidy 17" monitor - just what I was looking for!!), a very ill Powerbook 5300 (ripped LCD cable, not properly assembled, chimes of death, hard disk won't spin up), and a Powerbook 150 that has a screen problem (screen is blank although the computer works fine - back light still works but the picture consists of a black rectangle surrounded by a narrow frame of sorta chevron pattern.)

He forgot to leave me a monitor adapter for the 5300 (might be nice seeing as the display cable is dead!!) so I'l get him to come over again, and maybe he can admisinter CPR to this 5300

--
Mark Benson

FlatPackMacs http://fpm.gotdns.com

2nd Lieutenant - 68kMLA, LC Quartermaster
Holder of the Crowbar of Persistant Crate Opening
"Never send a human to do a machine's job" - The Matrix

jruschme

USA
196 Posts
Posted - 11 Aug 2003 :  20:52:00
quote:

I got a visit at work from a friend who is up this way for a few days, he dropped off an Apple MS720 Display (tidy 17" monitor - just what I was looking for!!), a very ill Powerbook 5300 (ripped LCD cable, not properly assembled, chimes of death, hard disk won't spin up), and a Powerbook 150 that has a screen problem (screen is blank although the computer works fine - back light still works but the picture consists of a black rectangle surrounded by a narrow frame of sorta chevron pattern.)

I think I've got a spare 150 display laying around if you're looking for one.

<<<john>>>Go to Top of Page

TheDoctor
Starting Member

29 Posts
Posted - 11 Aug 2003 :  20:56:20
Has that 5300 been sent back to Apple under the recall? It might be worth looking into.

Homeland Defense Analyst
http://www.inourowndefense.comGo to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 11 Aug 2003 :  22:57:13
cool! is this the monitor that had BNC inputs as well?

either way... getting a free monitor is always nice... especially when it's nice and big

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.