All Forums
 Lounge
 Lost Loves
Author Topic  
redrouteone

USA
226 Posts
Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  19:59:08
What is something that you one had but lost sold etc, that you really miss. For me it is my old truck. It was the first vehicle that I had bought. I bought it when I was 17 from a retired man that sold cars to earn extra money. It was a black 1985 Ford Ranger 4wd 2.8l V6 5sp regular cab with the optional 7' foot bed. I paid 2250usd for it and it had 148,000 miles on it. I drove it to 215,000 but I let the oil get too low and killed the motor. When I bought my new truck I traded it in for only 200usd. I decision I now regret. I just did not have the time to do what I wanted. I just hope that she found a good home. When I finish college I hope to fill the hole in my life by adopting an old Land Rover Defender.

--Eric

Christophillis
Forums Squadron Commander

USA
688 Posts
Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  22:56:54
Mine was a computer. I still wish I had my Powerbook 3400c. Man that thing was cool. 200mhz could of taken a g3 upgrade it had 144mgs of ram, i could of put a bigger hd in it and a 56k modem and wireless card in it too. *sigh*

--------------------
Christophillis- Portable Squadren Commander
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Total 68k Macs Liberated: 6.02x10^23
Or just 6

Number One, you have the helm. I'll be in my ready room.Go to Top of Page

Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  09:52:05
quote:

What is something that you one had but lost sold etc, that you really miss. For me it is my old truck. It was the first vehicle that I had bought. I bought it when I was 17 from a retired man that sold cars to earn extra money. It was a black 1985 Ford Ranger 4wd 2.8l V6 5sp regular cab with the optional 7' foot bed. I paid 2250usd for it and it had 148,000 miles on it. I drove it to 215,000 but I let the oil get too low and killed the motor. When I bought my new truck I traded it in for only 200usd. I decision I now regret. I just did not have the time to do what I wanted. I just hope that she found a good home. When I finish college I hope to fill the hole in my life by adopting an old Land Rover Defender.

--Eric

Was it really the truck that you liked, or the memories associated with what happened while you had it, or just the fact that is was your first car that you purchased?

My first car in highschool (mid 80's) was a 1977 Ford Granada that I had for maybe a year before I killed it. I have alot of fond memories about the trips I made with it and funny stuff that happened it it, but I wouldnt want one now if you paid me to take it.

Go to Top of Page

llamaboy487

USA
516 Posts
Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  13:36:27
unknown_k, im currently on my first car (1990 honda accord) and while i love it and its a great car, i never want another one so i know exactly what you mean

Edited by - llamaboy487 on 08 Aug 2003 13:37:13Go to Top of Page

The Lightning Stalker

USA
747 Posts
Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  16:31:21
When I was about 10, I lost my first set of keys. I wish I still had them.

I always hated my first car (1984 Chevy Celebrity Wagon), so I'm glad it's dead. My second car (1987 Honda Civic wag-o-van), though got messed up by someone that couldn't wait for a truck to make a right turn in front of him and hit me. Although I never liked the way it drove (not enough power), I really liked the body design and it could haul quite a bit. I hauled my motorbike in there.

I now have a 1990 Civic that I just messed up the door on. I backed up with the door open and the door got caught on some sand and forced open too far. Now it doesn't stay open because the seat belt is attached to the door and pulls it closed. This is very annoying. Also, it's not alligned properly anymore and you have to slam it to get it to close. Also, it's got an oil leak and has no muffler and makes The Noise™.

Then there was this 300 watt car audio amplifier that got stolen. I left one of the doors unlocked and some jerk helped himself to it. Man I wish I still had that.Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  17:25:19
Man you've had bad luck, Lightning Stalker!

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

redrouteone

USA
226 Posts
Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  19:30:25
quote:

Was it really the truck that you liked, or the memories associated with what happened while you had it, or just the fact that is was your first car that you purchased?

I would say about 50% of each.

--Eric

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  19:45:39
The other day, after my prang i lost my good watch. It was a nice one, too. Mum gave it to me at Christmas, and it had a stopwatch, an alarm and a backlight. It was excellent. Man that was a perfect day...

Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  20:27:33
yeah... I know what it means to lose a really cool computer or stuff like that

i once lost the 7300 (sold it really), the very same machine came back to me very soon

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

Christophillis

USA
688 Posts
Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  22:25:29
My muffler fell off on my car today...

--------------------
Or just 6

Number One, you have the helm. I'll be in my ready room.Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 09 Aug 2003 :  00:07:23
I've seen my share of mufflers on roads and falling off and even more hanging by a thread.

Go to Top of Page

Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 09 Aug 2003 :  00:45:54
quote:

My muffler fell off on my car today...

Newer cars dont have muffler problems. I remember every car I had before I purchased my 86 ford thunderbird needed new exhaust every 2 years. After that car I never had to replace any exhaust even on my current 89 cougra with 190,000 miles (must be stainless steel now)

Go to Top of Page

The Lightning Stalker

USA
747 Posts
Posted - 09 Aug 2003 :  06:34:36
quote:
Man you've had bad luck, Lightning Stalker!

Probably.Go to Top of Page
llamaboy487

USA
516 Posts
Posted - 09 Aug 2003 :  11:44:26
heh my muffler came detached from the exhaust system once, but stayed attached to the car... so i made "The Noise" without trying to in my Accord. I got some funny looks from people with real rice rockets when i pulled up beside them making "The Noise"

Go to Top of Page

shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 09 Aug 2003 :  11:57:46
Well it's kinda not in the same vein but it is my wife

shaktiman

Quadra 840av, prettymuchmaxedout8xcd drive
os 8.1
128 meg ram, 500 meg hard drive
3 monitors 15" & 14" & 14"Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 09 Aug 2003 :  16:00:36
quote:

heh my muffler came detached from the exhaust system once, but stayed attached to the car... so i made "The Noise" without trying to in my Accord. I got some funny looks from people with real rice rockets when i pulled up beside them making "The Noise"

lol...thats hilarious.

Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

QuadraJets

USA
344 Posts
Posted - 09 Aug 2003 :  20:39:54
quote:
1987 Honda Civic wag-o-van

Ah, the good 'ol wag-o-van

My '88 4wd wagovan is coming along nicely, I about have the rust fixed on one side and it has a new front axle.

Any wagovans before '88 had 1.5L 12 valve engines (~60-70 horsepower), and if they were not a stick, they were very underpowered. Mine is not underpowered though, since it is a 6 speed manual with a 16 valve 1.6L, and it also makes that "Noise" since I hacksawed the muffler off

Oh, and my mom has a '91 Chevy Celebrity Eurosport wagon, and I love that thing! That 3.1L Multi-Port injected v6 in that piddly a$$ car is just a little bit too much power... The '84s had the Throttle Body Injected 2.5L 4-banger or 2.8L v6 in 'em, and those kinda sucked back then. The 2.5L blew head gaskets every year, and the 2.8 tended to blew connecting rods through the oil pan if they had to do any extra work.

Artillery Commander/Engineer, 68kMLA
Liberated:
LCII , III+, IIci, Q700, 800, and 840av, P550, 410
Contraband: Beige G3/300 MT o/c 400mhz, (2) 6100's
Hotline mirror server:
68k.dyndns.org

Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 09 Aug 2003 :  21:12:23
this might be the time to mention the '91 ford taurus that spat out blue exhaust...
several transmissions, too many sets of tires, two entire new engines (as I recall anyway)

Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 09 Aug 2003 :  22:10:32
quote:

this might be the time to mention the '91 ford taurus that spat out blue exhaust...
several transmissions, too many sets of tires, two entire new engines (as I recall anyway)

Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"

HAR!™

Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 09 Aug 2003 :  22:13:26
Ebola for cars.

Go to Top of Page

Brett B.

USA
105 Posts
Posted - 12 Aug 2003 :  22:09:45
quote:

heh, mine was an '84 mercury grand marquis. imagine leaking a quart of oil a week along with power steering and brakes that die at random times. ugh.

oh hey i just noticed i've got a green star now. cool.

Edited by - Brett B. on 12 Aug 2003 22:12:22Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 12 Aug 2003 :  22:19:44
congradulations!

yeah... despite the blue smoke (which I need to emphasize, only happened once) it was a really nice ride.. very smooth... not very good in the snow though

Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine

Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 13 Aug 2003 :  01:41:23
Only lemon I ever had was my 86 thunderbird. it had sensor problems one minute it was fine next it was caughing out black smoke and stalling. I took it back to the dealer I got it from and they couldnt reproduce the problem (or so they said). I found out that dealer was owned by a very large chevy dealer and complained to them. The car was given all new sensors and even had the ac fixed all free of charge and worked perfect untill it was totaled in an accident (I was rear ended at a stoplight at 40mph).

Go to Top of Page

Fedorenko

Australia
463 Posts
Posted - 13 Aug 2003 :  03:02:24
My Lost love was my first cockatiel, Margo. She got away one day when I was in teh city, and I havent seen her since, poor little bird.

Good ideas usually are created by crazy people, go figure...Go to Top of Page

Christophillis

USA
688 Posts
Posted - 13 Aug 2003 :  18:08:26
quote:

congradulations!

yeah... despite the blue smoke (which I need to emphasize, only happened once) it was a really nice ride.. very smooth... not very good in the snow though

Ah now my car, which does not have a muffler, Pours out white smoke Then it will change to a kind of blue. But my god it filled the entire highway with the white smoke when i was driving it.

--------------------
Or just 6

Number One, you have the helm. I'll be in my ready room.

Edited by - Christophillis on 13 Aug 2003 18:13:35Go to Top of Page

The Lightning Stalker

USA
747 Posts
Posted - 13 Aug 2003 :  19:37:30
quote:
Ebola for cars.

Lol!

quote:

That's an iMole

The Celebrity I had was a 2.6L V6 with the carberator.

Also, RIP to my hamsters:
Tricky
Vanilla
Pepper
Cinnamon
and Squinty

And to the cat Crunchy who got crunched under the garage door.Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.