All Forums
 Lounge
 Wow! 33.82 GB!
Author Topic  
The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 06 Aug 2003 :  11:46:34
I created a Rhapsody PPC Download at the Bit Torrent site for Macintosh, and that item i put up so far has surpassed 33.82 GB in transfers!

Rhapsody is sure a popular thing.

q950

USA
135 Posts
Posted - 06 Aug 2003 :  12:27:31
I wonder how many of those people that downloaded actually use it? I downloaded a long time ago and I havent even gotten around to burning it to CD yet.

Logan

Quadra 950, Workgroup Server 9150, Performa 6400, Powerbook 2300c, 4x Quadra 700's, iBookGo to Top of Page

Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 06 Aug 2003 :  20:03:34
The more you leech the less you actually use. Some people collect programs like others collect stamps (grab them, file them, and check them off your list).

Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  02:36:08
I'm that way, I collect old computer stuff like they are antiques. I don't want any of it ever to be lost.

I actually think it's sad how we let our technological heritage be thrown away just because a few years ago it was the latest cash cow. Many of the priceless gems are now broken and smashed, and the oldest of software is now no more, sadly I fear many things have been lost never to return.

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  03:21:12
I know. It really is quite sad.

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  08:04:47
When I was back in school years ago I was playing around on a Centris 660Av that the school used for overhead projections, and went online to do some research, and I found a really nice MOD/Sm3 player, it had a black interface with pushable buttons and it was just like, sweet! (If anyone knows what MOD players there are for 68K and it had a black interface, please tell me where, I miss that program!)

Anyways, I was searching for a Dos emulator to see what it would be like and I did stumble on a very old Dos emulator, not much work had been done, and the author had made some readmes and a C drive for his program, but I remember very little about it. I tried searching again a few years later and I guess after the boom and fall of the free web providers they erased his page.

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.