All Forums
 LC / Performa
 Internal CD on an LCII?
Author Topic  
MacMoose

USA
176 Posts
Posted - 05 Feb 2002 :  06:59:12
Is it possible to run an internal CD on the LC? I'm not talking about cable wise, I know I will need a different SCSI cable and a Y-adapter for the power. Will the PS be up to the task of powering the drive? Or should I just go external and forget all my mad hacks?

------------------
MacMoose
Medical Spec., 68k MLA
Total 68K Macs liberated: 6 and counting
------------------

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 05 Feb 2002 :  07:13:29
quote:

Is it possible to run an internal CD on the LC?.....Will the PS be up to the task of powering the drive? Or should I just go external and forget all my mad hacks?

Check the mfr's web site for pwr req of drive, presently installed HDD and the spec for the original equipment HDD. A fairly current (pun, blech!....*leave it!*) HDD/ROM combo should be more frugal with pwr than the older stuff. Were the PS's upgraded for the later revs, retrofit?

jt

Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 05 Feb 2002 :  07:48:15
quote:

quote:

Is it possible to run an internal CD on the LC?.....Will the PS be up to the task of powering the drive? Or should I just go external and forget all my mad hacks?

Check the mfr's web site for pwr req of drive, presently installed HDD and the spec for the original equipment HDD. A fairly current (pun, blech!....*leave it!*) HDD/ROM combo should be more frugal with pwr than the older stuff. Were the PS's upgraded for the later revs, retrofit?

The power supplies will all fit - but LC I, II, III and III+'s were all 50w psu's... and 475/605's went down to 30w. tiny tiny tiny :)

According to the AppleSpec Database LC630dos PSU's are only 45w - and they're powering a HD, CDROm, Floppy, Apple motherboard and (486?) PC card.

dana

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 05 Feb 2002 :  14:34:59
quote:

quote:

quote:

The power supplies will all fit - but LC I, II, III and III+'s were all 50w psu's... and 475/605's went down to 30w. tiny tiny tiny :)

According to the AppleSpec Database LC630dos PSU's are only 45w - and they're powering a HD, CDROm, Floppy, Apple motherboard and (486?) PC card.

dana

Or you can do something like the Hackintosh...

http://hackintosh0.tripod.com

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.