Author Topic  
Iezekil
Starting Member

Estonia
3 Posts
Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  01:21:32
Sorry my bad english!

True in old hardware, my brother!

One week ago, in searches cooler for cooling processor Intel 200 MMX which costs(stands) by my basic working machine, - I have got in one shop, from what just and specializes on selling of the second-hand computer engineering acting to us to Estonia with помоек of Sweden, Norway and Finland. The shop does not offer the buyers of full-function machines below "pentiums". I.e. some iron based on processors 486 and is lower - here do not hold. What surprise when I have seen in dark to a corner of it underground, old Macintosh Plus was! trays, and not найдя necessary cooler, I have returned to the seller, and have taken an interest in the price on old Mac. As expected, - the computer was not on sale, and stood here as an ornament.
- Not buying. - the guy has answered me with the Estonian accent(stress).
Should you admit, that, having seen this charm (the computer, instead of the guy - clear business!), I at once have decided, that the machine will be a worthy copy, and is direct таки by all means should appear in our museum. It is possible even to tell, that I have fallen in love with it(her) at first sight! It is possible, so roughly emotions have leapt in my soul because such interesting old iron, at all frequently will meet in Tallinn, - city where I live.
- And not for what money? - I have specified at the seller.
The seller, and his(its) friend sitting on the spot, artfully among themselves have exchanged glances. It was a good mark! Began mutual scouting , for that, how many I can pay, and for how many they are ready to give. Figures referred to as different. Estonians among themselves, have obviously intended to break from the Russian odd fellow of two thousand crones for purchase. In roubles, is about four thousand. I have asked, demonstrations of machine opportunities. In minute, the computer has woken up! Has come to life small black-and-white monitor, the data on loading have spread on it(him) slowly. Estonians all conferred among themselves when I looked through the directories of a hard disk filling with working files of former owners. It is a lot of time at me however, was not, it was necessary to be defined(determined) with the price.
- Take, precious, whether or not? - has inquired a cunning kind friend the seller, more appearance similar not on the Estonian, and on gipsy.
Tender has proceeded. Refer on the price in 800 crones (~1 600 roubles or 100 US dollars (the big money in my country! ) ). But when I have already got money, suddenly the "gipsy" constantly named me - precious, протестующе have waved hands, and have declared what to bargain already sense was not present, that too late, and in general without the owner underground anybody will not decide about sale of "Mackintosh". Leave a pier, the phone, and we shall inform you about the decision. polite refusal, - has thought I afflicted with avidity of sellers, and chosen tactics of negotiations.
The bell the next evening, has returned to me good mood since speaking on the other end of a wire Mr., has informed, that the computer well, they will sell, but it is not less than for 900 crones. And again tenders! I tried to bring down the price up to 700, and in a result refer on former eight hundreds. It was evening of Friday, and in the morning on Monday I already packed the computer in a road bag. So I became proprietor Macintosh Plus of a sample of 1986!

At each collector, the stimulus, the reasons if want, - the philosophy.
I like old computers, as reflection of scientific idea and изобретательского the genius. Behind each model of the computer, concrete people, and their individual destinies cost(stand). Behind each copy, таится also soul of the concrete users who have chosen once to these, and any other computer, and left the trace on small terminals of the information. All together, is a history! A history of high technologies, and fatal events творимых at that time.

Now, this veteran, in our museum. To include, and to lead(carry out) behind it(him) even some minutes, - the big pleasure! Pulse of the life, the winchester submits a sound, more reminding a sound constantly compressed and unclenched small пружинки. Speacker, as well as it is necessary - приветственно cheeps a pleasant sound at each inclusion, and the display, than that similar to the black-and-white TV set from the far childhood, slowly, deduces the interface of operational system. It looks approximately so.
The unique affliction - too slowly works the single-knob mouse.

Now it is necessary to get Russian fonts, and a pair of toys of that time for our iron friend. If someone from readers has suitable software, with his(its) pleasure at you on - take. The best will be, if you will specify references where it is possible downloading a software for "poppy", on our forum which already now has a heap efficient and the helpful information on old iron and a software of different manufacturers.

Russian solder 68 KMLA with Macintosh Plus (1986) and SC 20 (HDD 1989). http://eston.net

Edited by - Iezekil on 03 Aug 2003 01:24:02

wisof

USA
257 Posts
Posted - 04 Aug 2003 :  12:40:21
wowsers!

I believe that Iezakil is liberating macs in Tallinn (capital of Estonia if I remember correctly). So 800 Estonian Kroom = roughly 58 USD.

I am glad to see liberating across the globe, in all corners and nooks. I have seem mac plus' on ebay for $20+, but I'd say you got a good deal, considering what it could cost to ship to Estonia! good luck with your newly liberated friend!

Performa 630CD
Centris 610
Quadra 950
Quadra 605
Giant 80mb SCSI HD

Edited by - wisof on 04 Aug 2003 12:40:55Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.