All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 s-video/rca video out card from 6500
Author Topic  
wisof

USA
257 Posts
Posted - 30 Jul 2003 :  14:46:06
I recently bid on this item on ebay mistakenly. . .and unfortunately won it. I was trying to buy the rca/s-video card for the Performa 630 (which I eventually got!)

I have had trouble finding info on it, but I know it came from a 6500. It has 2 parts connected by a ribon cable. One part has the RCA video Out and the s-video, the other part connects to the mobo (about a 1" connection at first glance). I know nothing about this card except that I do not need it. I was contemplating buying a 6500 to put the card in, but then realized I was being dumb.

You can look at some images here:

http://www.everythingpossible.org/card.html

These are images I found on the net. It it the same card. . .that is to say, the same product, different instance of it. I will take images of the one I have to give you a better idea of what it looks like.

If anyone is interested, I want to get rid of it. . .I would rather do it here than on ebay. either way, any info on the card would be appreciated so I can become a little more versed on what this piece of equipment is.

thanks!

Edited by - wisof on 30 Jul 2003 14:46:31

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 01 Aug 2003 :  14:05:52
well...

IWANT!!!!

but sadly, I believe my 6500 is going to tBoJ... if that doesn't go through... or if boy some freak "thing" my parents wont' require me to sell older macs to get this new one (yeah right) I'd love to buy/take/ it from you...

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

wisof

USA
257 Posts
Posted - 01 Aug 2003 :  14:20:00
I'd love to see it put to good use!

Unfortunately I did pay for it on ebay, so as much as I'd like to give it away, I can't. But that does not mean I need $$$ for it. . .

How much is it worth to you? It is not worth much to me, since I cannot use it, but I have no idea what this should cost.

Do you trade? I am in need of some software, but we can talk about that elsewhere.

Of course, I know it is all contingent on what happens with the 6500.

I would rather trade than deal with exchanging $$$.

It is not going anywhere for now, so let me know!

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 01 Aug 2003 :  20:45:27
cool... I do have things but you are right about the 6500 deal with my parents and tBoJ... sadly I'm not sure as though it'll end up with me as the proud owner of a 6500 and/or 7300...

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

Gothikon

Australia
537 Posts
Posted - 02 Aug 2003 :  03:40:38
I'm kinda interested. It's the last thing i'd need to finish my uber Power Colour Classic. Unfortunately it got a bit upset why I tried switching hard drives. I should really have a shot at getting it going again tomorrow.

I'm thinking 10-12 USD including postage, I know it;s to Australia but you could send it as a letter, in a small padded envelope and these things weigh next to nothing, if postage was more than 5 USD I'd pay more but it shouldn't be.

It all depends on me getting this thing going again.

Alternatively I could trade you a couple of 8MB DIMMs or maybe a 16.

Can you take Paypal?

--------
LC 2, LC 3, Q605, Perf 638, Colour Classic (160 603e) 6100, 7200, PTP 225 (Quad 604), PM 9600, G4 CubeGo to Top of Page

wisof

USA
257 Posts
Posted - 04 Aug 2003 :  09:07:04
Well, let me know what the situation on your computers are. 10-12 USD + shipping sounds reasonable. . .I am also willing to trade. . .

Stuff I need (not all values = the rca/s-video card value. . .just letting you know some of what I would trade for):

16mb 80ns (or faster) 30-pin SIMMs for a Quadra 950 x 4
68040 25mhz processor for Quadra 605
DB15 M/M cables
os 7.5 (on floppy to get my quadra 605 up and going)
os 7.6

Performa 630CD
Centris 610
Quadra 950
Quadra 605
Giant 80mb SCSI HDGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.