Compact Macs
 The enemy... they're camouflaged!
Author Topic  
danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 03 Feb 2002 :  00:03:37
aheee! we're being snuck up on from behind. The bad guys are among us, with us, and they LOOK like us...

http://www.iceboxllc.com/countertop/index.html

Doesn't look like too bad an idea really - specially it's LCD cousin :D

dana

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 03 Feb 2002 :  04:14:10
and how do you know thats a PC? It could just be one of those funky "internet appliances"

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 03 Feb 2002 :  04:20:49
quote:

and how do you know thats a PC? It could just be one of those funky "internet appliances"

aiee. it's not a 68k, and that's bad.

:)

dana
(it seems to not be a pc, not working well with MSN internet apparently. I'd like to know what it DOES run)

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 03 Feb 2002 :  07:45:22
quote:

(it seems to not be a pc, not working well with MSN internet apparently. I'd like to know what it DOES run)

When I read the glurb that it didn't work with aol or msn, I thought Oracle was pushing thin client b.s. boxes again, waaaaay down in the press section I found out it was Darth V. pushing them this time.

quote:

Icebox, LLC, the makers of a line of kitchen-centric interactive TV terminals, announced here that it will develop an interactive kitchen entertainment terminal as a rapid development partner for Microsoft's Windows CE.NET operating platform. Windows CE.NET is an embedded operating system designed for maximum interoperability between CE devices while allowing a broad range of Internet-based features including instant messaging and home networking capability using such standards as wireless 802.11. Icebox, LLC executives said the "thin client" OS needs minimal storage memory and is said to be ideal for typical CE devices that have only DRAM or internal Flash memory chips to store software programs."

NOTHING works well with Win CE! I can't believe BG announced this turd at CES before he could get the OS to play nicely with MSN. Somebody must be close to announcing something that works. Heck, a the new cowpIe-Mac with a suction cup on the bottom could run rings around this thing at half the price *...probably wouldn't really stick under the counter....* and you couldn't knock it off the counter! * nice recovery.....nah!....;-)*

jt

Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 03 Feb 2002 :  20:57:37
That thing actually looks pretty cool. It's too bad that it is running Wince.....and that not a single internet appliance ever made actually succeeded .

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 03 Feb 2002 :  21:05:07
quote:

That thing actually looks pretty cool. It's too bad that it is running Wince.....and that not a single internet appliance ever made actually succeeded .

My plastic fish said the same thing, and that it's time for some new scenery......... with stereo speakers!
jt
Do we get points for eviscerating wince syst........wait a minute.......no guts..........."thin client"........*........not much in the way of brains either.............*.

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 03 Feb 2002 21:06:26Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 13 Feb 2002 :  23:42:49
Vaporware?

Looks kinda like a CC's mutated, ugly, inbred cousin.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army (now with forums!)
00013 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 13 Feb 2002 :  23:59:35
quote:

Vaporware?

Looks kinda like a CC's mutated, ugly, inbred cousin.

remind me to tell y'all one day about my cousin barry...

dana

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 14 Feb 2002 :  00:46:42
After having a think about it, i still think this thing is going to go the way of iOpeners and WebTV...

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.