Home | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Lounge
 Hmm...Mac LC II into a Battlebot?
Author Topic  
Rexzilla

132 Posts
Posted - 02 Feb 2002 :  14:47:02
I must be sick in the head or have too much time on my hands. I have a bunch of old LC type case. Lately I have noticed how low these Macs are to the ground and how easy it would be to put a wedge and some wheels on the thing. Presto...I would have BattleBot. Of course it would be called a "MacBot". These old cases seem industructable and have had years of use of kids banging on them in public schools. Maybe we could set up our tournament of LC type battlebots...lol...of course somebody would try to enter a NEXT cube. I think the doctor needs to check my medication...I must be hallucinating again:)

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 02 Feb 2002 :  15:16:09
Wow, maybe I'm smoking the same thing you're smoking because I think it's a great idea! All those DOA 68k's we have lying around could finally have some use...

666th poster to the
68K Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Visit my site!Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 02 Feb 2002 :  16:31:43
quote:

Wow, maybe I'm smoking the same thing you're smoking because I think it's a great idea! All those DOA 68k's we have lying around could finally have some use...

I think it's just lack of sleep on Rex's part, I never get enough, but even I'm coherent enough not to put ANY of my macs in an open battlebot ring if there's a PC in the same county! My 1000sx would kick My G-4's @$$ and it was an all plastic piece of pc with a 65w PSU *..what...a....piec.......... COPROLITE!!* If it's an all-mac league, I'll play, those PC boxes are scary!
jt

Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 03 Feb 2002 :  23:23:07
As soon as someone makes an ADB/serial controller program, I'm making a Mac robot. How cool would that be!

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army (now with forums!)
00013 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 03 Feb 2002 :  23:51:55
quote:

As soon as someone makes an ADB/serial controller program, I'm making a Mac robot. How cool would that be!

very!
http://www.concentric.net/~Jjlee/robotics/maclist.shtml
jt

http://www.southwest.com.au/~jfuller/macbotic.zip

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 04 Feb 2002 00:17:00Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 04 Feb 2002 :  05:22:47
quote:

Very cool> you could make a version of MacAddict's MITT (the Funny Mac based on the Lombard PowerBook G3), with a Duo, controlled by the machine, with a QuickCam mounted on top of a riser, iBorg style!

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 04 Feb 2002 :  08:07:40
A few years ago a company made a little box that plugged into the ABB port of a Mac (I think it was called the ADB/IO) that let you control motors and get input from switches from a Hypercard stack. I think the company that made it went out of business though so the only way to get one would be to find one on ebay.

AnubisTTP
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Macs Liberated:15Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 04 Feb 2002 :  10:19:21
quote:

A few years ago a company made a little box that plugged into the ABB port of a Mac (I think it was called the ADB/IO)

Their dead link is on the page above, if anybody doesn't wanna follow 'em all, this is the most interesting one (most info re avail hdwr for 68k serial) to me......

jt

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.