All Forums
 Lounge
 Updates & Moving Time
Author Topic  
The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  05:11:14
So, this glorious day is upon me. The day I get paid and purchase my new 8600.

This also means that the server will be going offline later today. Here is a quick overview of what I plan on executing:

The main PC I normally use (PC) will have remaining data backed up to CD, and the hard drives will be formatted. The unit will be boxed up and shipped off to the White Water Rafting place where the rest of the company server are where it will be a dedicated Linux server.

The 840AV will be put together and serve as my temporary machine untill the 8600 arrives. If anyone wants to contact me, you can e-mail me or use AIM. I might have MSN on, since there is a 68K MSN client, and I think I may have that placed on the Mac.

Website updates to 68kmla.org won't happen untill the 8600 is unpacked and setup and running.

For those of you who wanted archive software I won't be able to access any of it unless I can get my hands on a CD Caddy so I can use the drive that's in the 840.

So, recap. I'll be on my 840AV. Have fun untill then, don't worry if I don't post as much or at all, cause I'll be enjoying undigging my VCR and watching those neat movies on the 840AV on my nice ColorSync 17"

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  05:26:59
See ya, BoJ. Have fun with the new 8600 and the last few moments you'll have with the 840AV!

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

G4from128k

USA
873 Posts
Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  06:14:54
Shifting to a new machine is always a very exciting time. I hope the transition to the 8600 goes well for you.

Cheers,

G4From128k

by Day: Mild-Mannered Engineer and Trapeze(tm) Artist
by Night: Colonel of Truth, Justice, and the Macintosh Way
Reserve Officer in 68kMLA Cantankerous Coot Contingent
Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  07:19:30
cool! I love the first few moments I have with a new computer, and always like to cherish when I know that what I'm doing might be the last few moments I have with a computer.

When I first had my TiBook, the first time I used it, we unpacked it, and ran it on the kitchen counter

MacLover5, he he really goiing to be without his baby the quadra?
oh.... I guess that means we have to hope it doesn't sell! noone should be sepaeated from an 840av

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"
I have alot of posts... if you don't like it than I don't know what to say.Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  07:25:15
It didn't sell and I removed the listing from the sales section. I am going to purchase an AV card for it to do some AV stuff. For now.

I'll probably use it as a router too. Who knows.

I'm still worting out files on my PC here. I'm quickly watching the movie "Anger Management" before the machine is finished cleaning files.

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.