Posted - 20 Jul 2003 :  10:12:39
I'm looking for the following parts:

4 - 30pin SIMMS for SE/30
1 - Network Card (10BaseT) for SE/30

1 - Accelerator Card for IIgs
1 - SCSI Controller for IIgs
1 - NIC (10BaseT) for IIgs

I have the following parts for trade/sale if anyone's interested:

1 - 6400 (180Mhz) logic board (untested) with 2 sticks of RAM (unknown size)
2 - PDS Network Cards (LC series)
1 - Mac Classic RAM expansion card w/2MBs (I think. I know it's working but don't recall exactly how much was on it. No current Classic to test with) Number: 820-0405-01
1 - Powerbook Video Cable (new)
1 - Stylewriter II printer (will verify working condition if there's interest)
1 - Radius Pivot Monitor w/video card for SE/30. Working!
1 - 800k External Floppy Drive

Perhaps more stuff - I'll have to dig around some more.

-Brad

Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 20 Jul 2003 :  12:49:02
Good luck finding a SCSI card for the IIgs for under $50, been looking for one myself. Didnt know they made nic's for the IIgs.

Go to Top of Page

brad_k

Canada
63 Posts
Posted - 20 Jul 2003 :  15:38:59
The NIC is called a LANceGS (http://lancegs.a2central.com/). I doubt I'll ever get one, but it'd be nice. The easier solution would be to ethernet enable my SE/30 and connect the IIgs to it via appletalk. The SE/30 being a bridge of sorts. Unfortunately, that would bring the number of running machines in my laundry room up to 4. If I ever attempt it, it'd only be running for a short while, just to prove it all works. Then I'd document it and shut it all down. Heh

-Brad

Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 20 Jul 2003 :  17:19:22
Prices for that are crazy.

All aftermarket items for the IIgs are pricey while the systems are dirt cheap.

I got mine for $35 delivered (system, mouse, keyboard, expanded memory card, monitor, and 1 of each drive)

Somebody was nice enough to send me another memory card (to fill up the card I have) and a working joystick.

I have a nice syquest external scsi 44mb removable drive I just need an scsi card and maybe one of those 4mb memory cards and I am done.

at the moment 1.5mb is enough for any games.

Go to Top of Page

brad_k

Canada
63 Posts
Posted - 20 Jul 2003 :  17:49:14
Lately I've been doing some ebay hunting for my IIgs. I've noticed that while most systems, including 68k Macs and early PowerPC's don't come close to commanding the price that the IIgs peripherals do. Are they just that rare?

My IIgs as it is now has a 4MB RAM card, a Transporter card (PC disk compat), and a stereo sound card. It also came with the beautiful RGB monitor, 2 3.5" drives, and 1 5 1/4" drive, keyboard (missing 2 keys) and mouse.

I'd first like to start the IIgs upgrade with an accelerator card so I could run things like the demo at www.ninjaforce.com. Stuff like that intrigues me to no end.

-Brad

q950

USA
135 Posts
Posted - 20 Jul 2003 :  18:35:45
I have a Network card for the SE/30, what would you give me for it? It was new in the box when I got it and I believe is still in the antistatic bags.

Logan

Go to Top of Page

Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 20 Jul 2003 :  19:59:45
quote:

Lately I've been doing some ebay hunting for my IIgs. I've noticed that while most systems, including 68k Macs and early PowerPC's don't come close to commanding the price that the IIgs peripherals do. Are they just that rare?

My IIgs as it is now has a 4MB RAM card, a Transporter card (PC disk compat), and a stereo sound card. It also came with the beautiful RGB monitor, 2 3.5" drives, and 1 5 1/4" drive, keyboard (missing 2 keys) and mouse.

I'd first like to start the IIgs upgrade with an accelerator card so I could run things like the demo at www.ninjaforce.com. Stuff like that intrigues me to no end.

-Brad

You should be able to pick up a replacement keyboard for next to nothing.

IIgs addons are very rare, most systems were sold to schools in stock configuration. There is also the fact that people today dont like swapping floppies so the scsi addon is rare and extremely in demand.

Some of the ram expansion cards are not that expensive, only people who use GS/OS 6 need the extra ram anyway. CPU upgrades are rare, and there wont be too much software that uses it. I wouldnt mind finding a soundcard addon since the IIgs turns a stereo output into mono with their connection.

Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 21 Jul 2003 :  11:11:48
heh... isn't the IIgs able to go to 16MB of RAM? why I might have some 30 pinners *somewhere* (maybe still packed)

I don't know how many I have or how big they are... if I could find some "choice" ones what might they be worth to you?

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"
I have alot of posts... if you don't like it than I don't know what to say.Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.