All Forums
 Lounge
 Software Mirror Active
Author Topic  
The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 16 Jul 2003 :  21:04:21
This is to let you know that a temporary mirror for downloads of items I have archived so far will be online 12:00 Midnight today.

The server will be 24x7 with the exception of minor downtimes to replace hardware or close my case which currently is open.

Hope folks enjoy this temporary server. Download as much as you want, but please don't run more than 2 downloads per person or else the speeds suffers.

BoJ

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 16 Jul 2003 :  21:31:20
The Address will be posted when it's ready.

Please note that there may be some corrupted files in this archive, mostly in the smaller files. The large toast images are fine. If there is any corruption in any archives, please use the contact information on the address when posted to report it.

As an added note there will be a ftp account for those who wish to upload items. Further details will be mentioned when the machine is in place.

When the archive is fully running and slowly items are corrected, the files will be mastered and placed as MacBinary to prevent corruption and ensure downloads don't have issues.

Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 16 Jul 2003 :  21:52:14
cool! I'll be looking forward to alll sorts of cool stuff on it

tomorrow that is

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"
I have alot of posts... if you don't like it than I don't know what to say.Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 17 Jul 2003 :  01:08:10
http://liquify.no-ip.org

Ftp uploads will come later.

Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 17 Jul 2003 :  03:10:08
I apologize to those who were downloading. The Nvidia TNT card has repeatedly caused Windows XP to crash causing a Blue Screen of death and immediate reboot, resulting in loss of work. It seems to be random at this point, and I never had this problem in Linux, so sadly, iether Nvidia has lagged behind in thier driver support or XP has serious issues with it.

I doubt it's the hardware I run because Linux was running fine and had no errors at all.

For now the card is unplugged and the system is stable. If anyone knows of a good price PowerMac with a PC Compatibility card, I'm all ears.

**Server Note**

The Administrator has restored services.

Go to Top of Page

EPA
Starting Member

Germany
13 Posts
Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  18:38:51
Yes, indeed cool stu..

Thanks
Manfred

Apple IIfx and A/UX: a very interesting thing!Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  20:02:17
iLike it.

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

EPA
Starting Member

Germany
13 Posts
Posted - 23 Jul 2003 :  15:55:45
@Balance of Judgement:

Is your server down? I have tried it with my PC yesterday, could make good downloads and the second time no site ...

Today with my PM 7600: the same: no site loading!

Please, tell us, what´s up!

Manfred

Apple IIfx and A/UX: a very interesting thing!Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 23 Jul 2003 :  16:16:38
It was only a temporary server, and I posted recently that I was switching machines.

Untill my new machine is up and running and I get that new drive and my router there will not be a server.

I can't even offer e-mail service etc., right now I am on my Quadra 840 untill the 8600 arrives. Even then, I will be limited without a router, since I can only have one machine connected at a time, and my dad's machine needs occasional access for tax returns etc.

I'll try to get things up and running soon.

Go to Top of Page

dave1212

Canada
65 Posts
Posted - 23 Jul 2003 :  23:28:24
Windows? Ugh..

HAR!!

ok.. this sounds like a good idea though.. my next day off I might do this as well.. lots of great stuff here. (100 GB of shared soft/docs/tunes/movs)

Liberated 68xxx Macs:
IIsi, IIci, LC II, 2 Classic IIs

Liberated PowerPC Macs:
Powerbook 5300cs.

Posting from a Dual 450 G4, running 10.1, 10.2.3, and 9.2.1 on separate drives. 512 RAM, 90 GB HD.Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 29 Jul 2003 :  03:12:57
Some might have noticed but yes my server has been online for the last few days. The server maybe staying, I am talking with my ISP to see if I can get a better plan with static IP. If it works out the way I want, it will still be a dedicated server.

So leech while you can, once the final switch is made, a cap will be going on. (Speed Cap)

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 29 Jul 2003 :  03:41:52
Great. I'll be sure to get all the NeXTStep stuff tomorrow!

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

dave1212

Canada
65 Posts
Posted - 29 Jul 2003 :  14:48:01
Tomorrow sounds great, I'll have my server open in the afternoon then.. but it's a Carracho server.

I can maybe try to set up a HL server, i'm sure it's pretty much the same, but would much prefer to just have ftp and carracho open..

Either way it will be at crackho.mine.nu
login:just
pass:foryou

The FTP log and pass will be different, expect them posted here tomorrow as well. Address still the same.

let me know it's you guys, and I'll set you up with double DL permission.

My tracker is now running on my 7500, but it's the same address too, the Carracho tracker ports are forwarded to that machine.
Carracho Tracker: crackho.mine.nu
Name: Canadian Tracker
---

Liberated 68xxx Macs: IIsi, IIci (2), LC II, Classic II (2)

Liberated PowerPC Macs:
Powerbook 5300cs, Power Mac 7500/100

Other:
Color StyleWriter 2400, AppleCD 150 (cd-caddy type!), Apple 12" Monochrome Display, Apple Color Display (13")

Edited by - dave1212 on 29 Jul 2003 14:48:49Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 29 Jul 2003 :  22:51:51
hehehe... everyone's going the way of hosting a MLA mirror archive?

Write an article for MLAgazine if you're bored!!!

Write an article for MALgazine ANYWAY!!! it UBER NEEDS IT!!!
I have a 15 page magazine, about quadras, full of anything BUT quadras...
write write write!

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

dork
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts
Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  20:28:23
I got the address of your web site (liquify.no-ip.org) from some newsgroup and I downloaded some stuff while it was still running (or available, Im'm not sure what happened). One of the things I got was a "dmg" image of the NeXTStep 3.1 CD. Unfortunately I couldn't find images of the installation floppies anywhere on the Net. I tried with the NeXTStep 3.3 floppies, but I was not able to install it. I'm not even sure if the CD is OK. Since I don't have a burner on any of my macs, I use Nero on a PC.
Do I need the 3.1 floppies (and where can I get them)? Is there I way I can use the 3.2 or 3.3 floppies?
By the way, I also collect old computers. I have an Apple II+. Apple IIgs, Amiga 2000, SPARCStation IPX, DEC Alpha 3000 400, Mac SE, SE/30, IIci, LC II, Quadra 650 (running A/UX), Power Mac 7200, 6500, G3 beige and StarMax 4000. All of them are bought from thrift stores or found in/around dumpsters.Go to Top of Page
The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 04 Aug 2003 :  06:40:21
I am curious what newsgroup the url appeared on?

I would like to see. Be interesting how far it travells. :)

As for your questions, I know little about NextStep/Openstep etc. And some of those archives are not 100% cmplete, there are still more files to grab from my main server.

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.