All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 FS: PowerMac 5200 mobo
Author Topic  
thequietman

Canada
127 Posts
Posted - 14 Jul 2003 :  08:18:32
This is the mobo I was asking about before. I finally got it over here to check it out and here's what I can see (I don't have a computer to put it in so I can't check it, but it was working):

It has a 75MHz 603 and an Apple branded ethernet card in the Comm slot. Both RAM slots are empty (although I'm trying to find out what happened to the original SIMMs). It has a ROM SIMM in it, the number on it is 820-0672-A. The battery is gone, I asume it was dead anyway.

I figured I would give you guys a chance to buy this since you probably have more use for it. I know it's Apple's infamous mongrel board, but hey, it's a PPC. Someone make me an offer, I'll consider anything. I'm willing to sell the ethernet card separate if someon wants it because I'm just trying to get rid of all my Mac stuff before I go to college. Buyer pays shipping or can pick up in Montréal . You can contact me by email or just post here if you're interested.

---------------------------------------------
I want to be unique just like everybody else.

thequietman

Canada
127 Posts
Posted - 15 Jul 2003 :  19:16:54
Update: I'm pretty sure I have the original RAM for it now so at least one of the slots will be filled. I'm not sure what size it is, probably 8MB, possibly a 16MB.
C'mon people, I need to jettison all my Mac stuff. Make an offer. The worst I can do is refuse or make a counter-offer . Help a guy get rid of excess computer stuff.

I want to be unique just like everybody else.Go to Top of Page

thequietman

Canada
127 Posts
Posted - 21 Jul 2003 :  14:31:40
Another Update: The motherboard now has one 8MB SIMM in the first slot and one 8MB SIMM in the other.
I also figured out that the board is not a version "B" board, because it has the little picture of Texas on the U6 chip. Just a little extra info in case you wondered.

I want to be unique just like everybody else.

Edited by - thequietman on 22 Jul 2003 07:18:59Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.