Lounge
 32bitwonder.org
Author Topic  
brad_k

Canada
63 Posts
Posted - 10 Jul 2003 :  16:12:46
Hey all,

A few months ago I planted a plug for my 68k Linux based website www.32bitwonder.org. The site has grown a bit since and I'd encourage you all to pay a visit. But above all, LEAVE FEEDBACK! (please?)

Be forwarned however. Just because it sports an LC III as its webserver, doesn't mean you get to slide by with an old browser. The site is XHTML based and should render fine for current versions of IE and or Mozilla.

I should clarify. IE & Mozilla on the PC, Mozilla on the Mac. I've given up on IE on the Mac.

Have Fun.
-Brad

Edited by - brad_k on 10 Jul 2003 16:22:16

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 10 Jul 2003 :  21:48:25
Very nice! And very fast, too.

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

mypojam

Malaysia
192 Posts
Posted - 11 Jul 2003 :  00:54:05
dude, that was hosted on a LC III ?
supercool! and i bet your website is better than some of the poorly designed website on a pentium 4. hehehehe

great job man!

yah yah. we malaysians lives in trees. and we have broadband on these trees! what does you country have ?Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 11 Jul 2003 :  08:05:59
Hehe, yes, i really do belive that its hosted off an LCIII. They may be old, but they still make quite capable webservers. And yes, I would rather host a website off a Mac Plus than my P4.

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

brad_k

Canada
63 Posts
Posted - 11 Jul 2003 :  16:02:23
Thanks all for the encouragement, I'm glad you like the site.
I'm constantly impressed with this machine, it's been absolutely rock stable with Linux running on it. The very fact that Linux runs on it amazes me, Apache even more, PHP 4 with Apache while ProFTPD and SSHD are running...well. :-)

-Brad

Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 12 Jul 2003 :  03:57:23
Love the server, love the site, love what you've done with them all together.

Shows that Apple really is a cool platform.

I mean, can you imagine any better server? That thing stores nicely in any nook or cranny. Try and get an old Pentium or 386/486 to fit in a nook or cranny. Those things were huge, not to mention rather clunky.

:)

Go to Top of Page

Gothikon

Australia
537 Posts
Posted - 14 Jul 2003 :  22:21:12
Cool! It's nice to see you got the PHP templates working, so much better than that nasty javascript and iframes. Don't you feel better now?

keep up the good work

--------
LC 2, LC 3, Q605, Perf 638, Colour Classic (160 603e) 6100, 7200, PTP 225 (Quad 604), PM 9600, G4 CubeGo to Top of Page

llamaboy487

USA
516 Posts
Posted - 15 Jul 2003 :  10:51:35
quote:

I mean, can you imagine any better server? That thing stores nicely in any nook or cranny. Try and get an old Pentium or 386/486 to fit in a nook or cranny. Those things were huge, not to mention rather clunky.

Well... thats not entirely true; my IBM PS/2 isn't all THAT much bigger than an LC III; its probably four inches tall. size wise its not that big either...

im actually gonna put netbsd on it one of these days

Manager, the llama-X project.
Go to Top of Page

brad_k

Canada
63 Posts
Posted - 16 Jul 2003 :  11:08:54
@Gothikon

Yes, I do feel much better. Thanks for the encouragement. Without it, I'd still be using <shudder>tables</shudder> too!

@BOJ

Let's not forget ugly too. The LC III has them all beat in the looks dept, esp the ones without the "lip". Q605 owners need not take offence. :-)

-Brad

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.