How can I burn Toast images in my PC?
Author Topic  
MiLToS_666
Starting Member

Greece
2 Posts
Posted - 07 Jul 2003 :  02:28:26
Hello there,

I will get some stuff downloaded to a friend's PC from Penguin's FTP server and I need to know how can I burn them on CD...

I'm talking about:

OS42User.tgz (When I decompress this... what will it be?)
Rhapsody Intel.toast.sit
Mac OS 8.toast.tgz
Mac OS 8.1 Multi-Install.img

How will I burn the toast images?
And what about the .img files?

I also downloaded "Rhapsody DR Intel Install.img" and "Rhapsody PC Drivers.img" which are floppy images I suppose...
Can't get them to work! How can I copy these to a floppy?

I downloaded the OpenStep 4.2 floppy images and they copied just fine to a floppy using RawWrite for windows...

Thanks in advance,

MiLToS_666

[IMG]http://members.lycos.co.uk/lustolast/enter.jpg[/IMG]

[URL=http://members.lycos.co.uk/lustolast/].:: HIM - Lust To Last ::.[/URL]

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 07 Jul 2003 :  03:20:38
Openstep should uncompress to a toast file or raw cd-r image file last I checked.

If a toast file is a HFV volume, like the Mac OS 8 Topast file, use Nero, select "Burn Image File" and select the toast file. In the options window that appears you will see a selection "HFS" selec this and burn.

I'm not sure about the other toast files because they are a different format, not HFS.

Try opening the floppy images using WinImage. I can't remember how I did it. I might have been using Virtual PC and just mounted the images of the floppies.

Go to Top of Page

MiLToS_666
Starting Member

Greece
2 Posts
Posted - 07 Jul 2003 :  07:48:20
Hello,

I will try burning the toast images and see... I'll get some real CD-R copies I suppose and I won't have to mess with images...

As for the floppy images, WinImage gives me an error when I try to open the .img file and says it can't read it...
If I try to "capture" the floppy image file from VPC or drag & drop it to the little floppy icon on the down-left side it also gives me an error and it says that the file doesn't seem to be a real floppy image cause it isn't a standard 720 or 1440 Kb image.
That's true cause:

Rhapsody DR Intel Install.img is 975KB
Rhapsody PC Drivers.img is 529KB

Any ideas???

Thanks,

MiLToS_666

Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 07 Jul 2003 :  08:00:08
I will check into that issue. It worked for me when I mounted the floppy images in VPC.

Perhaps the images are corrupt. I have copies of them so if mine are good I will e-mail them to you or something.

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.