All Forums
 LC / Performa
 LC Expander
Author Topic  
Tallgeese

USA
523 Posts
Posted - 31 Jan 2002 :  22:40:41

I saw this in some older magazines. It was an addition for the pizza boxes, added a bunch of stuff like an optical drive and larger power supply. I don't have one, and they were probably overpriced or something, but I still think they looked cool.

Yeah. anyway.

Sgt. Tallgeese
Apple II Squad Leader
68k Mac Liberation Army

68k Macs Liberated: 4

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 31 Jan 2002 :  23:12:09
yeah. [url=http://www.micromac.com]MicroMac[/url] made them. Waay overpriced though, when you consider that PC cases with power supplies are a couple of bucks, and a few more for a long SCSI cable, which would let you create a Hackintosh clone... (Don't worry about any licensing crap or anything...i'd love to see someone else using my ideas!)

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 01 Feb 2002 :  07:44:30
here's a direct link:

http://www.micromac.com/products/lc_pws.html

--------------------
FireWire is fast
General, 4 star
beholder of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 01 Feb 2002 :  07:59:43
quote:

here's a direct link:
http://www.micromac.com/products/lc_pws.html

Oh wow... if that wasn't done on just LC/LCII's that would be brilliant. what an elegant design...

...and that inspires me to another question :). I know LC/LCIII PDS slots took Apple II/Ethernet/Video cards... was there anything else kinda interesting that would go in there?

dana

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 01 Feb 2002 :  10:05:15
quote:
I know LC/LCIII PDS slots took Apple II/Ethernet/Video cards... was there anything else kinda interesting that would go in there?

As far as I know, those three types of cards were the only types of LC PDS cards ever made.

666th poster to the
68K Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Visit my site!Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 01 Feb 2002 :  10:34:03
quote:

Oh wow... if that wasn't done on just LC/LCII's that would be brilliant. what an elegant design...

I remembered that type of box for the IIsi with an extended NuBus riser card (2-3 slots?...we're talkin' REALLY hazy....)

When you described your notion for a IIci "Cube" I figured you were thinking along these lines for the adaptation *maniac!*. I was going to tell 'cine about it, he's lookin' for something to make his IIci hack stand out. Maybe UP would work, an' make a lot more room for stuff poppin-in-n-out of slots in the faceplate too.
jt

Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 01 Feb 2002 :  10:51:50
quote:

When you described your notion for a IIci "Cube" I figured you were thinking along these lines for the adaptation *maniac!*.

I don't know if my adaptations would be half as well done as something cast in plastic to fit. Then again if I had time on my hands... *grin*.

the IIci cube combined with black spraypaint and a lil colourful NeXT badge would be a giggle!

dana

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 01 Feb 2002 :  11:32:06
quote:

I don't know if my adaptations would be half as well done as something cast in plastic to fit. Then again if I had time on my hands... *grin*.

the IIci cube combined with black spraypaint and a lil colourful NeXT badge would be a giggle!

Bondo is a wonderful thing! LOL, the NeXT badge idea is killer. How about charicaturizing one of herr steve's latest/greatest RE-iterations as a takeoff? *sheesh.....i can never leave anything alone.....oh well!*
jt

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.