All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 is this a good deal part 2...
Author Topic  
mypojam

Malaysia
192 Posts
Posted - 02 Jul 2003 :  11:13:41
Here is an old used Apple Notebook, with 68k CPU, 8MB RAM, 150MB SCSI HDD (Of course, old SCSI), floppy drive (internal), size of screen I am not sure, maybe you can determine from the pictures, battery totally death, but this unit come with power adapter. The notebook in good working condition, but there are 2 minor defects

1) The connection between notebook and power adapter a bit loose.... so you need to adjust few time to get it connected. This is just minor problem that occur occasionally, but once it connect, it won't loose again during operaion.

2) The screen have some pattern that you can see from picture of View 3. I dunno what cause it but if you can repair it, then good, and this part will be a bit bright compare to other part (View 4). But you can use it as normal...

The pictures are located inside this link,

http://mylelong.tripod.com/apple.htm

This notebook is good if you are a Apple fans and wan to have this unit as a collection, because I believe nobody will use this slow apple to do his/her assignment since price of new PC is so low and you can get a better performance one. Serious bidder only please. Free free to contact me via email and I will reply asap.

Since the notebook and accessories have few kgs weight, I prefer COD, if you stay outstation and feel like it so much (a crazy Apple fans), you can bid it with confident, I can mail it to you, but.... you pay the shipping cost.

it's RM 200 or $50. and it's an auction.
do you know what model is that ?
is it a must have for an apple fan ?

yah yah. we malaysians lives in trees. and we have broadband on these trees! what does you country have ?

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 02 Jul 2003 :  12:37:36
well, the screen on that thing is in absolutely HORRID condition, and I don't think that the battery works, so I think that they should knowck about 25$ off that price (Depending on accessories)

HTHNCnc
"I said FAAAAAR OUT! what a day! a year! a life it is!"

10000Th poster and 1000Th AND 1500Th topic creator in lounge.

and remember, if you try and install mac OS 10.2 on an early G3, you will go insane, and aquire a thirst for blood!Go to Top of Page

thequietman

Canada
127 Posts
Posted - 02 Jul 2003 :  19:03:54
Looks an awful lot like a PowerBook 520 to me.Go to Top of Page
thequietman

Canada
127 Posts
Posted - 02 Jul 2003 :  19:11:38
Just took another look at view 3 and it looks like there might be a letter after the model number, so it may be a 520c. Doesn't make a whole lot of difference, but I just thought I'd mention it. Can anyone else make it out?

As far as it being a good deal, I probably wouldn't buy it, but that's because I don't usually spend more than $20-30 on anything . As boredomconquersall observed, the screen has a bit of a problem there too .Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.