imacman

53 Posts
Posted - 25 Jun 2003 :  17:00:24
I just got an 840av from cinemafia
heres the specs

Mac Quadra 840av
Proc:  40MHz 68040
RAM:  128MB
Hard Drives:  1x 2GB and 2x 4GB Ultrawide SCSI drives, all 7,200 rpm (the two 4GB are in a striped RAID)
Optical Drive:  4x/8x Yamaha SCSI tray-load CD burner
Floppy Drive: None, it was removed to fit the three hard drives, but I would include an internal 1.44MB floppy drive in case you need it
Nubus Cards:  SuperMac SipgotPower card (full-frame, full-motion vid capture), FWB JackHammer Ultra-Wide SCSI card (20MB/sec max throughput, running all three hard drives), DigiDesign AudioMedia II card (composite analog and digital audio I/O's)

Key Software:  Photoshop 4, Premiere 4, AfterEffects 3.x, ProTools 3.x (runs with 8 tracks through the AMII), SoundEdit 16 2.0, Toast 4.x
Monitor:  AppleVision 1710av (monitor is somewhat dim, even with brightness and contrast turned all the way up, but otherwise works fine and has very good-sounding internal speakers)
Keyboard:  Apple Design ADB
Mouse:  ADB Mouse

that would be the beast im waiting for it to get here

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 25 Jun 2003 :  17:40:07
And I'm getting a stock, 266MHz beige/desktop G3!

The best part is that the mighty 840av will be in good hands and will actually get used for video/audio capture/editing. All is well!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Lord of the Mac II Series
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
http://www.cinemafia.net/forums

Edited by - cinemafia on 25 Jun 2003 17:52:35Go to Top of Page

Christophillis
Forums Squadron Commander

USA
688 Posts
Posted - 25 Jun 2003 :  17:44:15
So he finnally sold it huh? Awsome, I think that you have one of the (if not the most) powerful and souped up 68ks out there.

--------------------
Christophillis- Portable Squadren Commander
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Total 68k Macs Liberated: 6.02x10^23
Or just 6Go to Top of Page

imacman

53 Posts
Posted - 25 Jun 2003 :  17:49:27
it will be so great, the next step is to get rid of this iMac so i can find me a g4 for daily use. I will finally be able to edit my movie that i made 2 years ago

Go to Top of Page

lightsurfer
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts
Posted - 14 Jul 2003 :  12:49:17
Hi imacman,

my 840av is really near yours, but for the jackhammer I have a samplecell II installed (where is the four slot 840av?) and my jackhammer card have a rest.

Since today I own an radius spigotav Pro.

Do you know if this is the same card as supermac´s under another name or really different?

How can I make use of it? What soft is required?

There are two connectors, s-video and composite. might be inputs. But where are the outputs?

Do you have a manual maybe and a copier nearby?

I hope we can have some exchange in experiencing the spigotav pro.

private lightsurfer, at your command.

I dont like signaturesGo to Top of Page

lightsurfer
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts
Posted - 14 Jul 2003 :  13:05:25
Hi,

its me again.

Another question.

There is connector on the card, about 60 pin male.

Whatfor is this connector? (BTW I got no cable with the card).

Bye for now.

private lightsurfer, at your command!

I dont like signaturesGo to Top of Page

Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 14 Jul 2003 :  15:51:49
I have the radius spigotavpro in my 840av. The conections on the spigot are outputs only (svhs and rca connections). The addon card uses the standard built in inputs of the 840av for input during video capture. Radius purchased supermac I believe before it went under itself. You could use premiere or any other 68k based video software to capture video with the radius addon. The 60 pin male connector on the card is a DAV connector that was supposed to allow the radius card to work with nubus bases first generation powermacs (8100 I think) but they never got the hardware to function with them and were onyl sold for use on the 840/660AV model macs. My 8500 powermac also has a the 60 pin DAV connection but I have never seen anything that would use it.

If you want to sell the hammer scsi card let me know, I could use one for my system.

Edited by - Unknown_K on 14 Jul 2003 15:53:20Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 21 Jul 2003 :  15:58:12
wow... all this 840av talk is making me drool

good luck with those 840avs and all those way out NuBus cards!

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"
I have alot of posts... if you don't like it than I don't know what to say.Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.