Lounge
 First Post from a Performa 630CD
Author Topic  
emaq123

USA
258 Posts
Posted - 12 Jun 2003 :  08:15:23
Hey all.

This is being posted from my computer room on a Performa 630CD 040/32/200. I've been working with it lately and decided to drop a nic into it and see how it likes satellite broadband. It seems to be happy. Netscape 3.01 doesn't like the javascript on this page, but that's not a surprise.

emaq123

SE/30 and system 6.0.8 Now we're talking POWER!

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 12 Jun 2003 :  16:51:28
Very nice! Btw, I think you'd be better off in iCab or Netscape 4 when browsing the forums.....Netscape 3 locked up 3 times in a row once when browsing the forums.

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

emaq123

USA
258 Posts
Posted - 12 Jun 2003 :  17:45:24
quote:

Very nice! Btw, I think you'd be better off in iCab or Netscape 4 when browsing the forums.....Netscape 3 locked up 3 times in a row once when browsing the forums.

I plan to spend more time looking into browser selection. I used Netscape 3 because it was on the machince. I'd like to move all my 68kmla forum work to a 68k box just for the fun of it. I have to say the lack of tabs is a huge drawback to me. I also plan to see how old of a mac I can get to post on the forum. I have plans for a Plus, but I think I need to break out the soldering iron for that one. My IIfx may be the next poster.

I know enough to turn off java with netscape 3. I started with javascript on and got several errors on the formus. I turned that off also and didn't have anymore issues. If Netscape 3 won't hack what I want to browse, I'll jump straight to iCab. I don't like Netscape 4.

emaq123

SE/30 and system 6.0.8 Now we're talking POWER!Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.