Posted - 10 Jun 2003 :  06:27:45
Macintosh LC580
33MHz 68LC040 processor
14" Built-in monitor
40MB RAM
800MB HD
CD-ROM & 1.44MB floppy drive
DaynaPORT 10Base-T Ethernet card

LC is used (by me) and in good condition. Everything works and I just upgraded the RAM to 40MB. It has a 10Base-T ethernet card installed ($25 value), so it can be easily hooked up to a LAN or another computer. Works great for a small webserver, playing old Mac games, or an MP3 server for a home network.
I currently have System 7.5.5 installed but I can install 7.6 or 8.1 if you prefer. It doesn't come with the original install floppies because I don't have them any more, but I have a CD of System 7.5 and lots of old Mac software.
I will be happy to assist you with any software or technical questions if you're new to Macs.
Email me if you have any questions or would like a picture. Buyer pays shipping (estimated $30 to US, $15 to Canada, email me with your zip/postal code to get exact amount) or can pick up in Montreal, Quebec.

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 10 Jun 2003 :  19:44:21
3 things....

1) welcome to the 68KMLA

2) what is your starting price
and
3) this is a forum for mac geeks. don't be suprised if you don't get many "how do I do this" type questions

THnxxx
"dreamer! your nothing but a dreamer!"

10000Th poster and 1000Th AND 1500Th topic creator in lounge.

and remember, if you try and install mac OS 10.2 on an early G3, you will go insane, and aquire a thirst for blood!Go to Top of Page

thequietman

Canada
127 Posts
Posted - 10 Jun 2003 :  19:59:15
Heheh sorry, I just copied the ad from another place on the web . Thanks for pointing out the price thing, kinda forgot about that too .

I'm asking $100 for the LC and everything I have for it (i.e. keyboard and mouse, ethernet card). I just put a brand new 32MB SIMM in in addition to a 4MB that was already in it. I had some trouble with the ethernet card at first until I read somewhere that it requires special drivers (which I spent 2 days trying to find) to function. Installed the drivers and *poof* it works perfectly. The drivers will be included on a burned CD of System 7.5.5 Install along with any other freeware/abandonware you want (I have a large personal archive of 68k software).

You can post any questions or comments in this thread.

Go to Top of Page

thequietman

Canada
127 Posts
Posted - 25 Jun 2003 :  11:19:03
Alas, my LC has been sold. There will be no 6500/300 upgrade, much as I would have liked to do it. I will use the proceeds for further liberation .Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.