All Forums
 Lounge
 My Decision Regarding My Tempest Box
Author Topic  
Citon X600

Canada
206 Posts
Posted - 09 Jun 2003 :  04:57:31
Well, I am very gratefull to all those who have volunteered to sign up and get a beta account to help me out.

I have decided to do accounts on my box on a donation basis, as to me it doesn't feel right to charge. The internet started as a community place where people exchange things, and I already pay for my net bill etc., so basically, I will give out as many accounts on my machine that I can have room for, and if you feel that you would like to donate something that would be great.

There are some simple rules, one being I do want your account to be active, ie; if you signup and don't use your account, when the time comes that someone else wants to signup and you are not using your account for some time, (no html files just blank page or temp page that's been there for a month etc.,) then your account will be put aside. And of course, rules like no copyrighted downloads etc., from your public area, whether it's abandonware or not, because this is a legal problem. See, if I publish archives that's my decision to take the risk as I know who I allow in and etc., but if you publish things then you are deciding the risk I take, and that's not how it works. (Hope that makes sense)

There is room for about 80 accounts @ 10MB each.

If you would like to donate anything, here is a small list of things the server could use:

(note it's nothing for me, any donations go directly to the server)

16 or 32MB Ram Chips 72-Pin (For Quadra 840AV)
Any 500+ hard drives (SCSI 50 Pin)
Other Storage technology like external SCSI cases etc
CD-ROM Caddy's (The server's CD is Caddy Based)
CD-ROM Drives

And basically anything else a 840AV acting as a server would want.
If in doubt, ask yourself:

"If I were a Quadra 840Av, what would be my dream peripheral?"

:)

So, if you want an account, please contact me and I will add you to the database.

I would like to thank everyone here for making me part of the Mac family, and for being able to be here and have fun with you folks.

Citon

Great minds...Great minds...Think Different.

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.