Starting Member

USA
41 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  02:49:35
http://www.crapple.com

'Nuff said...

::::..:....:::.::.:..::.:....:.......
Please! no more weasels! I'm full...

Just like the New TNN, [url=http://www.jasoco.com]Visit the New Jasoco.com[/url]

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  05:39:34
Ok for starters Apple has NEVER taken a beige mac and turned it into a colorful mac, the first color mac was a iMac, ahh was there beige iMacs no no no. Then the B&Ws where made with poly carbonate not plastice and there was not one that was beige before that was the first of its kind. Now the sword has 2 edges, in the PC world Compaq has stolen the idea of color computer from Apple and incorporated it into their Presarios, they even have other faceplates that you can interchange with! Now Sony has turned all of their lines of VAIO desktop PCs into purple colored desktops ahh hmm looks like they are the ones changing than us. Who on the other hand has time to develope a flash? An idiot with no time on his hands, bad web designer at that. I am glad to see everywhere I look a mac, on MTV a iMac in a commercial, a iBook on Will and Grace, SE and //c in the new Travis video, and the Pink Floyd lead signer with a G4 noticable during Music Legends on VH1 this rocks macs where the first and they will be the last. As you can read im ticked I just might have this guyz page redirected to apple.com, who is with me just say the words o great ones hehe.

jeremy

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer"
Napoleon

My AOL, AIM Sceen name is got 007s milk

Covert Ops
N.F.C Newton Force Captain
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Macs Liberated:15Go to Top of Page

Alien

Netherlands
269 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  05:40:46
Yeah, whatever.

,xtG
.tsooJ

--
RTFMGo to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  08:06:26
quote:

Yeah, whatever.

ditto,
Those most vocal in bashing or praising one OS or another are just displaying their ignorance about computers in general.

IMHO
jt

context:My explanation to my son as to why some people at NYMUG hated PC's, and just recently, why all the kids in his school hate the Mac.

Go to Top of Page

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  08:37:11
At least they did not say that Macs can't display resolutions higher than 256 greys, to quote someone I know in person who thinks Macs suck.

I am not kidding...

AnubisTTP
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Macs Liberated:15Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  09:22:44
quote:

At least they did not say that Macs can't display resolutions higher than 256 greys, to quote someone I know in person who thinks Macs suck.

Ooooh I had a rant I near put on my pages, over just those kind of people - and restrained myself because I ended up bashing amiga owners ... so it's gone. however...

back in the way early 90's, one model of amiga with a 040 processor could apparently emulate macOS a little faster than a Q950 - apple's fastest... in some tests, and that was an infamous moment for amigas.. "Amigas can emulate a mac faster than the fastest mac".

I imagine it was true for a few months until 840's or PPC cards came out, anyhows.

The funny thing? I was told once I should stay with Amigas because "An Amiga can emulate macOS faster than the fastest mac..." - And this was in early 2000!. Yes... they're really pushing those amigas now if they can run quicker than 500+Mhz G4's...

dana (ranting - nothing against the hardware, just the people who choose to be blind)
:D

Edited by - danamania on 27 Jan 2002 09:23:48Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  09:54:13
<ramble>
Everyone has a bias of some sort, a belief that the person cannot accept is flawed, no matter how erroneous. My brother-in-law, for example, loves Windows. He grew up on it, and a PC was first computer. A bias towards Windows was practically carved into his brain. When I showed him my ibook, he said, "What, only on mouse button?! This thing sucks." Some people are just narrow-minded.
</ramble>

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  10:18:07
quote:

<ramble>
Everyone has a bias of some sort, a belief that the person cannot accept is flawed, no matter how erroneous.
</ramble>

I have a way of preventing myself from getting that way... as much as I love my macs, I don't -quite- worship them. I'll stick by my first rule of computing. They all suck.

That being said, when a school headmistress brought an iBook into work to have it setup for her network (and me being the only mac tech there) I opened it... and the first comment out of the young PC tech's mouth was "A white keyboard? that's a bit stupid"

seriously

Then he went back to his workstation with... a white keyboard. oooh.

To be honest, I noticed the keyboard was white also - which was a little unusual for a laptop, and nothing more.

dana (really I'd rather a white keyboard with the amount of time I type in the dark :)

Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  10:26:24
Ah, white/beige keyboards... the Nimitz class really rules!

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army (now with forums!)
00013 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  11:15:08
quote:

quote:

<ramble>
Everyone has a bias of some sort, a belief that the person cannot accept is flawed, no matter how erroneous.
</ramble>

I have a way of preventing myself from getting that way... as much as I love my macs, I don't -quite- worship them. I'll stick by my first rule of computing. They all suck.

dana (really I'd rather a white keyboard with the amount of time I type in the dark :)

Words of wisdom, Dana! For a brief tine in history, PC graphics (type-postscript outlines) outclassed everything on the Mac. There has never been a point in time where I haven't lamented missing features (on EVERY platform) that were available in other operating systems.

They all suck, they're all just tools (toys), use whatever it takes to get any given job done, and have fun!

as for typing in the dark:
http://www.beingseen.com/instructions.html

happy hacking
jt

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 27 Jan 2002 11:20:34Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  11:20:43
quote:

as for typing in the dark:
http://www.beingseen.com/instructions.html

Oh my lord... Yes, I think that'd help a -little-

:)

I was thinking a white LED or two, directed downwards from around the 'imac' label on the imac. I've seen a laptop or two (perhaps vaio's?) with that feature...

dana

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  11:27:13
quote:

Oh my lord... Yes, I think that'd help a -little-

sleep might help.....a little......*what the hell time is it down under?* My coherence/psychotic behavior ratio seems to be related to my sleep/wake ratio in some way. Testing the hypothesis it might cut down on playtime. *maybe when I have some free time*
jt

Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  11:30:48
quote:

sleep might help.....a little......*what the hell time is it down under?* My coherence/psychotic behavior ratio seems to be related to my sleep/wake ratio in some way. Testing the hypothesis it might cut down on playtime. *maybe when I have some free time*

it's.... 5:30am.

nearly bedtime!

dana

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  11:33:05
quote:

nearly bedtime!

whazzat?

sweet dreams, maniac!
=8-}
jt

Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  12:03:45
quote:

I'll stick by my first rule of computing. They all suck.

Have you ever heard of the song "Every OS SUCKS" by Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie? You can get it for free at mp3.com, it's pretty funny.
quote:

To be honest, I noticed the keyboard was white also - which was a little unusual for a laptop, and nothing more.

I have actually seen some white PC laptops, I think they were Compaqs and had pentium processors....

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  12:09:08
quote:

Have you ever heard of the song "Every OS SUCKS" by Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie? You can get it for free at mp3.com, it's pretty funny.

link please, don't make us (me) work for the entertaining stuff!
jt

Go to Top of Page

raWr

Tuvalu
491 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  12:21:55
I R DECLARE WAR ON CRAPPLE.COM.

ph33r my Centris 650.

Macs liberated: 4-5Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  12:23:55
Well, since you provide useful links to everyone else, here it is: http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/1241/1241156.html
Enjoy!

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  17:49:17
OK, this started as a thread about the next ihateapple and now goes to the existince of white and/or lighted keyboards.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army (now with forums!)
00013 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 27 Jan 2002 :  18:44:00
quote:

OK, this started as a thread about the next ihateapple and now goes to the existince of white and/or lighted keyboards.

stream of consciousness~~~~~~go with the flow~~~~~~~~
serendipity's a wonderful thing!
jt
p.s. the other stuff is way too negative, and maybe more tongue in cheek than first meets the eye, but i've been known to be wrong.

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 27 Jan 2002 18:45:02Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 28 Jan 2002 :  09:35:25
quote:
Also, it should be noted that I am not completely against all things Apple. Apple has had some great inventions over the years like the USB interface and their new Ipod

Now that's funny.

666th poster to the
68K Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Visit my site!Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.