All Forums
 68k Hacks
 The 840AV Black Hammer
Author Topic  
Citon X600

Canada
206 Posts
Posted - 03 Jun 2003 :  03:52:39
The following design will most likely never be built due to cost and design factors. But, I think if such a hack was made, you would own the best machine in the world.

The case for this Macintosh is Stainless Steel, with a glass window on the left side with a embossed apple logo etched in the glass. The front of the case has attractive LED's for every hard drive attached, and front AV ports to supplement the rear ones. (Only available for RCA due to designs) All RCA ports are gold plated as well as audio ports for higher quality AV.

The power supply is new and supplies enough for a nice Raid. The logic board is mounted on the right side with an extendable side plate, making it possible to open the right side downwards to gain access to the logic board without removing cables. Nubus cards are attached via a special cable in a seperate area, so sliding the logic board out does not affect Nubus cards. (The cable is simply a gold plated data wire from A to B, the Nubus cards have a special docking area on the top section of the case.)

The drive bays have quiet yet powerfull fans above each drive that sucks hot air into a tube whch is further sucked out by fans and blown out the back of the case. There is room for 2 full height drives and 5 normal heigh drives plus 2 bays for CD and CD-R.

The front case is molded to the slot loading CD-ROM drive, making it the classiest classic around.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, but I think that would be an awesome hack.

However the one hack I really want is getting those 060 120Mhz ColdFire CPU's to work in my Mac. Then we really would be flying high. Maybe a Nubus daughtercard would do the trick.

Comments? Suggestions? Questions? :)

Great minds...Great minds...Think Different.

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 03 Jun 2003 :  22:16:39
Very nice!

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 08 Jun 2003 :  22:51:25
when do we see pictures and drawings?

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"
Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 08 Jun 2003 :  23:05:25
Probably on the first of never.

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

Citon X600

Canada
206 Posts
Posted - 09 Jun 2003 :  04:43:19
I am going to talk to my friend soon, and maybe even talk to the fellow who is designing that other Mac machine.

The "other" Mac machine I refer to is the one that has been in the news, where he plans on selling Mac machines, and his friend made up a cool design.

I would make a design myself, but it would be very crude drawings, like flat representations of each side, nothing 3D.

But that at least I can do, so I may work on that. If I do get that done, I'll post that. It will all be flat images. But in some sense, that is easier to follow, no getting confused with dimensions etc.

:)

Great minds...Great minds...Think Different.Go to Top of Page

Citon X600

Canada
206 Posts
Posted - 10 Jun 2003 :  15:38:28
I have some basic drawings done, but it's not quite ready. I have only started designing the frontpanel, so I'm still placing items and making sure it looks good.

The front panel image is 800 x 1500. And side panels I don't think I will do but if I do, they will be x2 that size. (within reason)

So, I'll post some images when they are done. Gotta get the LED's fixed first.

Great minds...Great minds...Think Different.Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.