All Forums
 Lounge
 Burning Abbey
Author Topic  
foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 24 May 2003 :  00:41:17
www.burningabbey.com this is my band's website... I just did quite a bit of work on it tonite... basically everything you see I've done in the last 2 hours. Tell me what you guys think!

Captain Z
Mobile Ops Commander

USA
637 Posts
Posted - 24 May 2003 :  01:13:15
Looks good

One change though. The sidebar is dark blue with black links, making the links very hard to read. You may want to lighten the sidebar, or make the links a lighter color.

------------------
Captain Z - Mobile Operations Commander
68K Macintosh Liberation Army

31 68K Macs Liberated

Visit Captain Z's Starbase of EV Stuff

Edited by - Captain Z on 24 May 2003 01:13:45Go to Top of Page

foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 24 May 2003 :  08:29:37
quote:

Looks good

One change though. The sidebar is dark blue with black links, making the links very hard to read. You may want to lighten the sidebar, or make the links a lighter color.

Ya, I didn't have that problem on the iMac in Safari, but I went and showed my Mom on her comp and it was real dark. So soon I will fix that...

foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 24 May 2003 :  16:57:39
Look at site now, changed a few things and have pages for every link except for the gear and pics links for each band member... forgot about that till just now.. .doh... anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with it, any other ideas? What colors besides the white on the blue link bar would people suggest? Yellow is out... I took one look at that and ran away!!!

thanks for the input

Christophillis
Forums Squadron Commander

USA
688 Posts
Posted - 24 May 2003 :  20:01:17
It looks good. Which one in the picture are you? Though to make it more interesting I would add a few graphics to spruce it up, and maybe a few more pictures. All in all it looks good though.

68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Christophillis-
Lt. Colonel
Newton Squadron Commander
Total 68k Macs Liberated: 6.02x10^23
or just 4Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 24 May 2003 :  21:22:17
A few nit-picky html/design suggestions

On the "enter" page, you might want to split up (and compress/optimize) that 92k monstrosity of an image. Perhaps have "burning abbey" as one image, the person playing the guitar as another, then "[enter here]" as just a plain html link. It would make dial-up users much happier.

The other pages appear to be incomplete so I won't criticize

--------------------
master of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™ and figure-head of the Peoples' PDS Republic
--------------------Go to Top of Page

foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 24 May 2003 :  21:38:13
Well we need to take more pics to spruce it up and stuff yes, it's highly underdeveloped at the moment. I'm the one on the far left in the group pic... That pic is about a year old by now, but there's a pic of me in my section. If you want it bigger just control click and have it open in a new window.. it's pretty small on there. As for the opening image is only temporary... Eventually it's going to be a flash animation. First I have to decide what it's going to do, second I have to figure out how to work flash... lol... but right now, the images are a pretty large size... all the way around the site that is. Thanks for the input and keep it coming...

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.