Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 Selling PC To Get Mac
Author Topic  
Citon X600

Canada
206 Posts
Posted - 15 May 2003 :  05:09:41
Must...buy mac....

Here are the specs....the machine is only 3 months old...

1Ghz Celeron
256MB RAM
LSI Logic SCSI-2 Adapter
20GB Hard Drive
LG DVD Player (Region 1 USA & Canada)
D-Link Ethernet Adapter

The motherboard is an AOpen Model MX36LE-UN and can take some new upgrades chip wise, check the specs on AOpen's site to see what it can do. It has onboard Video, Sound & LAN card.

So as you noticed it has 2 network cards, perfect if you want to start your own website and maybe share your internet with another machine or machine(s).

The unit has no floppy drive. You will need to buy one locally if you need it.

I give to the buyer a no hassle warranty for 4 months, very generous for a used machine. Since the machine is fairly new I still have registration cards for some things like the motherboard, so you can most likely apply for warranty through them.

I will include a legal copy of Windows 98 and I will also include Microsoft Office 97 (Original CD) so you can get all your typing and project stuff done. If you are a Linux user, I'll give you CD's and install Linux on it. Iether way u still get it all. Et all.

It's a tower machine, and I will ship anywhere in North America. You pick how you want it shipped, you pay the exact price not a penny more.

I am asking $400.00CDN (This works out to roughly $290.00US)

The software alone although outdated is worth that much, as some might know Office isn't a cheap thing. Darn MS.

Anyways, think about it and let me know.

Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 15 May 2003 :  06:03:39
Your probably better off keeping the thing, the used market for PC's of this vintage is very bad.

Go to Top of Page

Gothikon

Australia
537 Posts
Posted - 15 May 2003 :  16:48:15
Well he's not better keeping it if he wants a Mac. If he wants some cash for it it's best to sell it whilst it's still worth something.

400 CDN sounds like most of the cost of a B/W G3.

If selling it becomse difficult you could always keep the RAM, HD and DVD and use them as upgrades for a Mac and sell the rest as parts.

It doesn't soundl like that bad a deal but you'd probably be better selling it in your local tradingpost/supertrader/whatevertheycallitintheUS as people buying stuff there tend to be less savvy and not aware of the amazing deals they could get on the internet. A number of friends have sold crappy 6200's in local papers for 2-3x what they would gotten on eBay.

--------
LC 2, LC 3, Q605, Perf 638, Colour Classic (160 603e) 6100, 7200, PTP 225 (Quad 604), PM 9600, G4 CubeGo to Top of Page

Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 15 May 2003 :  18:16:51
He would probably get more on ebay then he would here.

Go to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 17 May 2003 :  10:41:40
heheheh! no wonder you wanna sell it! CELERON BAAAAAAAAD!!!

THnx
"you cannot read harry potter in THIS household!!"

10000Th poster and 1000Th AND 1500Th topic creator in lounge.

and remember, if you try and install mac OS 10.2 on an early G3, you will go insane, and aquire a thirst for blood!Go to Top of Page

Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 17 May 2003 :  13:29:23
Celerons are bad if you can get the full pentium version at the same price. But a 1ghz celeron is alot faster then a p200, so in this case its good. It all comes down to a price/performance comparison at the instant your going to buy a pc, and of course what you need the machine to do.

Go to Top of Page

foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 17 May 2003 :  19:35:40
quote:

He would probably get more on ebay then he would here.

hence the reason I'm gonna put my stuff on eBay. People will pay nearly anything. And money is something that I need badly... Looking at making well over $1300 on eBay once I get my stuff together. Maybe tomorrow... (procrastination is killing me... and unfortunately, the computer market is not like the wine market, the more a computer ferments, the less value it has... bleh...)

Citon X600

Canada
206 Posts
Posted - 17 May 2003 :  21:48:14
eBay requires a credit card to sell and I do not have one to use so that leaves me out. They used to have a system where you could sign up for VeriSign and verify you that way but It's no longer offered as an option so I'm stuck just posting on various boards.

:/

Great minds...Great minds...Think Different.Go to Top of Page

Unknown_K

USA
602 Posts
Posted - 17 May 2003 :  22:31:03
Having a credit card means your at least 18 years old. It also keeps 1 person from having a dozen accounts on their system.

Its just less of a hassle for EBAY to do this since they have so many users

Go to Top of Page

mypojam

Malaysia
192 Posts
Posted - 29 May 2003 :  02:20:30
just a thought.
you should told the customers these things:
the RPM of the hard disk (either 5400 or 7200)
the type of the RAM (SD/DD)

68040Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.