Windozers(TM)
Author Topic  
cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 12 May 2003 :  22:08:28
I've simply had it.
I had another bad conversation with Tizio today, and I'm simply too tired to go on.

This is Part#1 of a 2 part series I call "I've ****ing HAD IT!!!"

Here's my nice little outline on what I call "Windozers"
Windozers are simply this: Stupid Microsoft Windows Zealots.
The Windozer has 3 stages of conversation with anyone who uses a different kind of computer
1) Insult: the Windozer will insult (sometimes at random) anyone seen witn or known to be with any kind of computer that they don't like.
2) Defense: By this time, the Windozer is tired and losing the conversation, they will pull out all the stops including, but not limited to, random insults and 'the facts'
3) "Block and Change": The weary Windozer will 'be nice' and 'let the maccer win this one' 'because i'm nice'

This is the pattern I've noticed... by the time #3 comes aroudn you kNOW it and you're pretty annoyed...

thank you for your time and support, as I LOSE MY MIND!!!

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"

Edited by - SuperMod on 19 May 2003 21:17:35

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 12 May 2003 :  22:35:25
Ah, I know how it is. My old school was full of "Windozers™". It sucks.

--------------------------

Give your dreams a chance.™ - Apple in the mid '90s

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster:
1Go to Top of Page

emaq123

USA
258 Posts
Posted - 13 May 2003 :  07:08:48
I've met these people. There is one in my office. I like to 'go fishing' and see how long I can bait and irritate these folks. If you keep up with the industry, it is too easy to rip up the Microsoft position. After all, when was the last time the FBI put out a warning about Apple? Microsoft _was_ convicted of being an illegal monopoly. Did you see the lastest Passport problem? If it's Thursday, it must be IE patching day. You just let them keep trying to prove how much better that M$ stuff is and keep ripping them to bits with facts until they give up and go away mad.

It's great fun. Kinda like seeing how long you can keep a telemarketer on the phone.

By the way, I want a mac with voicemail software that will let me build a telemarketer trap. The mac will screen all calls. People who know can do something to get by it. ( a code or something.) Unwanted callers are lead down the merry path forever, or at least 30 minutes. Anyone know of some software to do this? What Mac does it run on?

emaq123

SE/30 and system 6.0.8 Now we're talking POWER!Go to Top of Page

Gothikon

Australia
537 Posts
Posted - 13 May 2003 :  16:45:57
Wow, that would be cool!

You could use a battery of quadras, perhaps one using voice recognition and the others using text to speech with apple script and some sound files.

OMG!! You could play back a sound file of someone being murdered or something!! That would really freak them out!

"No, no, don't Johnny, what are you doing!! <sound of phone dropping to floor>" Then in the distance you could hear blood curdling screams and somone running out and slamming a door!!!

<extreme sadness mode>It would be kinda like in Home alone where he's playing the video and that bad guys think it's real</extreme sadness mode>

Hmm, deffinetly a project for the future...

--------
LC 2, LC 3, Q605, Perf 638, Colour Classic (160 603e) 6100, 7200, PTP 225 (Quad 604), PM 9600, G4 CubeGo to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 13 May 2003 :  16:56:42
HAR!™

--------------------------

Give your dreams a chance.™ - Apple in the mid '90s

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster:
1Go to Top of Page

emaq123

USA
258 Posts
Posted - 13 May 2003 :  17:39:15
quote:

You could use a battery of quadras, perhaps one using voice recognition and the others using text to speech with apple script and some sound files.

We could probably build something like that. What I had in mind would be a voice menu system: "For sales, press one. For people who care, press two." Make the system multi-level, nine options per level, nine levels deep. Take a minute and a half to describe each level. Make the early levels sound legit. Deeper levels less so. Have the system set to ring calls only if one menu path is chosen, something about four levels deep. ie: 3482 will pass calls, all others jump to somewhere else in the system. It would be great it the software could keep track of how long people stayed in the menus wandering around.

I may have to get this moved out of Cory's excellent rant thread.

emaq123

SE/30 and system 6.0.8 Now we're talking POWER!Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 13 May 2003 :  18:10:11
ahh... it'll be OK... It'll probably get more replies this way

I wouldl ike to see a WIndozer try to circumvent taht system... with their ' superior computers' etc etc...

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.