All Forums
 Lounge
 IT LIVES!!!
Author Topic  
Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2003 :  04:08:12
Incase none of you had noticed, my server completely bit it a lil over a week ago. I had installed something as root on mac os x server, and, well, whooooops, there goes half of my config files and their backups. Since that version of server was getting long in the tooth, i decided to upgrade to a more supported OS and I chose linux, more specifically gentoo. I must say, the actual gentoo and portage system is quite easy, and effiecient in my mind, however knowing how to set up config scripts is not . Much of the last week was wasted on letting KDE compile from source (Oh 72 hours of joy!), but then after that, getting postfix and IMAP courier to work was the other PITA. But yes, life is good now, it may be a couple days until I get HL up, as well as FTP, but that was one major goal. And as to be at all 68k related...well...my server will be able to handle @68kmla.com addies as son as coxy can direct mail over my way.
*takes big breath*

~The Penguin

**| Want free 68kmla email? Drop me a line |**
| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
| 68khotline.no-ip.org <-- Official Hotline Server |

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2003 :  17:30:58
is this your copy of OSX server that's for sale? for my kind of serving it'd probably be great... now I just need that B/W G3 and enoughmoney to buy OSX server

congrats on ytour 'other nix' related stuff...

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"
Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2003 :  18:56:26
Even more great news! My dad has agreed to jump up to a semi dedicated line with guarenteed 384k upload speeds, and IT OFFICALLY ALLOWS SERVERS! Fweeeee!!

~The Penguin *running around crazed*

**| Want free 68kmla email? Drop me a line |**
| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
| 68khotline.no-ip.org <-- Official Hotline Server |
Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2003 :  19:36:40
COOL!

not only does your server work nwo but you can actually serve stuff! "life is good"

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.