Lounge
 Little Trains of Wales
Author Topic  
cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 04 May 2003 :  21:06:58
This was at one time, one of my major addictions (which the internet helped feed)

http://www.talyllyn.co.uk/gallery/wharfgf2.html

I one day want to go to Wales and possibly work for and/or help one of these lines. I especially love the 'cuteness' factor and it would all go-so-well with68k macs

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide

The Lightning Stalker

USA
747 Posts
Posted - 05 May 2003 :  19:33:02
woa! Looks like full-scale models of Shining Time Station! All they need is the little faces!

Edited by - The Lightning Stalker on 05 May 2003 19:33:23Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 05 May 2003 :  20:46:14
http://www.talyllyn.co.uk/gallery/campsite_6.html

:looks around:
:shifty eyes:

[whisper] they do have faces!!! [/whisper]

I looked into it and there's all sorts of Microsoft Train Simulator downloads for this railroad and whatnot... a few years ago when I was addicted to both train sim and these railways...

Official MLA TourGuideGo to Top of Page

MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 07 May 2003 :  09:29:09
If you like little old British trains, see if you can find a copy of a movie called 'The Titfield Thunderbolt', with Stanley Holloway, from c. 1954. It's available on videotape, but only in the UK (and Canada?), and only in European video format. I keep waiting for someone to put it out in American format (whatever the two are called).

/Mr Lynn

The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn’t have a space program.
--Larry NivenGo to Top of Page

scchicago

USA
936 Posts
Posted - 07 May 2003 :  13:46:21
quote:

If you like little old British trains, see if you can find a copy of a movie called 'The Titfield Thunderbolt', with Stanley Holloway, from c. 1954. It's available on videotape, but only in the UK (and Canada?), and only in European video format. I keep waiting for someone to put it out in American format (whatever the two are called).

If you get me a PAL VCR or the movie on DVD i could convert it for ya. (if my video card can take PAL input!) I know i can output PAL, so i assume I could input PAL, I'll have to test that out with my multisystem DVD player.

BTW here in the US, Canada, etc. we use NTSC. The so called "euro video format" is called PAL. These are acronyms, and are used in various places around the world. For example Europe isn't all PAL, France uses SeCam.

The Lightning Stalker

USA
747 Posts
Posted - 07 May 2003 :  19:34:52
Hmm. Now, if I would have taken the time to look through that website, I would have found that pic. Always so little time.Go to Top of Page
cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 07 May 2003 :  20:58:11
hehe... all tapes are VHS IIRC... it's the VCR and the TV that make the difference... @least that's what I always thoughtl...

Official MLA TourGuide
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.